scottly

ford au engine built for boost

hey guys, I have been really getting into the au sohc boosted powered cars lately and I now want to build one lol.

does any one know how much it cost to get a quality forged piston au long engine built for around 350-400rwkw or has any one had work done by tunnel vision, atomic ect,

any info would be great on your experience engine cost engine builders around the Melbourne eastern suburbs or further

thanks scott

I got quoted around 10 k from Jason @ tunnel vision for a built au 4.0 turbo with around the 330kw 350kw.

I ended up going with another engine builder, but going custom everything, top end and bottom end. Haven't sat down and worked out prices and don't really want to Lol.

Can do a bottom end on the cheap using ba typhoon pistons / rods.

yeh been in 3 tunnel vision cars, can definitely rep them as far as quality and driveability goes, second to none.

hes not cheap though he is an absolute perfectionist, got quoted 15K for a fairly serious AU motor from him drive in drive out. drive line was all extra though.

thanks for the replys guys 10k seems okish for a engine built by Jason the atomic long engines are around 14k for 400-450 kw but those tunnel v cars are bloody mint day in day out. I have been following the build of your van its bloody nuts mate great work, do you remember how much your head cost to get cnc ported and who done it? 

yeah I have read some thing like that for a cheaper build you can use a ba forged piston may need to be machined for the valves and  ba egas rods and that's good for around 350kw plus, I find it bloody frustrating that I can get a new ba xr6 turbo long engine for $5500

seems really good bang for buck.

feel free to keep the post coming guys thanks scott

10k in my opinion is fucking awesome Lol. It's not just a built block. I would definitely get Jason to do my motor if I was going turbo. Didn't want the van to be just another sohc turbo, been a van I'm mixing it up a bit by going tuff Na with some gas when needed.

Barra turbo would be the way to go tho.

Looking to put a huffer on my EF race car, looking for 350+ at the treads.  Will do a build thread when I'm doing it, using mostly off the shelf or wrecker genuine parts.

cool mate I am interested ill be watching the build.