Hofiveo

converting a barra to carb

Was quite simple guys, used FG turbo inlet manifold, adapted 2 barrel Holley onto that, had camshafts spun so knew lift and duration etc and locked them off, used a Microtech ignition only ECU. Atm it's a standard engine, but already in the process of having a big engine built with 15:1 compression, custom pistons, solid adjustable lifters, big cams etc.

Was quite simple guys, used FG turbo inlet manifold, adapted 2 barrel Holley onto that, had camshafts spun so knew lift and duration etc and locked them off, used a Microtech ignition only ECU. Atm it's a standard engine, but already in the process of having a big engine built with 15:1 compression, custom pistons, solid adjustable lifters, big cams etc.

Interesting, with the big engine being built, you could use a FG Ecolpi engine they have 12.1 compression stock :)

If you were going to do that why not just use the injectors. I would have thought the main reason is to get rid of the ECU etc.

I want to see the engine Thom was talking about.

Unfortunately that never went any further :(

Interesting, with the big engine being built, you could use a FG Ecolpi engine they have 12.1 compression stock :)

Those LPi Falcons are the best factory car ever made (well one of, haha). Pity Ford's marketing managers are rubbish.

Those LPi Falcons are the best factory car ever made (well one of, haha). Pity Ford's marketing managersarrow-10x10.png are rubbish.

Hahah they are bloody awesome, go so hard and so cheap to run! 409Nm of  bloody torque stock! I'm in stages of convincing my Mum to get a FG G6E MkII Ecolpi as her next car :)

Very nice David thanks for the pics. If you want, after you upload the pictures to photobucket they get an IMG code which you can copy and paste here and the pictures will show without clicking the link.

Reviving from the dead for good reason, have a look at this shops setup. Not a carby but check out what he's done on the ignition side of things! 

12417867_1102717333083096_3190334176795812717949_1102717363083093_3643120952670012592271_1102717343083095_89367472595288

Pics not working or is it just me.

Hotfiveo if the pics aren't coming up, log onto Facebook and search Brinks Performance

Also on that page they put up a video they recorded using someones potato but you can still have a listen, sounds nuts! I don't know how to move videos across to here...