Server maintenance Read more... ×
NZXD

5.0 Coyote into X Series.

Not known yet! because they're expensive is mostly the reason why, even as wreaks!

You can get a supercharged crate motor but from memory even those are about $18,000 with a loom etc

I got on the ford racing website for the na motor, and its amazing the parts available to transplant into different vehicles, bell housings to suit c4, top loaders, tremecs etc.

the wiring loom, which is a stand alone part, is a whopping 2k us.

Definitely interests me. Midly worked na coyote is good for 500hp, they are 27 inches wide at the widest part, same as a bbf. You can now get front sumps for them also.

I had a chat rrs at the Sydney all ford day and asked this question as I'm looking at doing this in the future and they said their system will support a coyote engine, I'm not sure if he was legit or just trying to do a sales pitch on me.

Ford racing in the states sells full plug n play wiring harnesses, adapters for a/c, power steer pumps and even mounting kits for older mustangs to do these exact conversions.

Quick check on summit racing and for $11000 NZ I could have the 420hp na coyote and harness control pack/loom dropped at my door, including tax and freight.

There is a PDF at the bottom of the link with engine dimensions.

No matter what v8 I think once you put good flowing pipes on it it will be tight thanks to the towers. I'm sure we all have very fond memories of trying to get the back drivers side exhaust bolts in on a Cleveland with extractors! Lol!

Mcdonald bros front end like JETFTR is in the process of doing at the moment and that solves all your tower clearance issues. Would be an expensive exercise by the time you got everything done but would certainly be a bit of a weapon.

dont worry blu xe a twin turbo 4.6 mod motor was discussed for a while.

there are more and more weld in front ends being developed for x series now, but most dont say that xd-f are compatible. they couldnt be too far different??

id love to see a 5.0 in a older car. far better than the old 5.4 lump that was before it. 

Coyote is the way of the future.
JPC are making 351 Coyotes. Soon as ford do this they'll be the next hot ticket. bolt-in 600hp completely streetable. Even more streetable with a pump.
Mine makes 525rwhp and my wife can still drive it in heels. It idles at 400rpm, it revs to 6200, and can get less than 10L on the freeway in a fat as fuck car.

When you consider that probably half of the Mustangs are gonna be V8s in Australia (I expect), they'll start flooding the market as the cars get crashed.

If I had my engine in an XE, it would be a VERY low 10 and completely streetable.
Building a 10 second clevo or Windsor from sctratch would cost between 10 and 15K anyway.

Do you have the fg gt with the Miami?

I have researched a bit more and measured the bay, the coyote will drop in very snuggly with the factory shorty headers. Looked like custom headers if long 4 into 1 are desired.

the coyote/miami comes in a 5.8 version as well.

NA these would be tits, throw a charger on top and you have pure insanity.

web-ford-58l-v8-10-be-specs.jpg

well engineered engines are the way of the future, e39 m5 is still one of my favourite cars because of its 4.9L 400hp 7000rpm v8 that you could put around at 1200rpm in top gear if you wanted too.

JPC are making 351 Coyotes. Soon as ford do this they'll be the next hot ticket. bolt-in 600hp completely streetable. Even more streetable with a pump.

Mine makes 525rwhp and my wife can still drive it in heels. It idles at 400rpm, it revs to 6200, and can get less than 10L on the freeway in a fat as fuck car.

When you consider that probably half of the Mustangs are gonna be V8s in Australia (I expect), they'll start flooding the market as the cars get crashed.

If I had my engine in an XE, it would be a VERY low 10 and completely streetable.

Building a 10 second clevo or Windsor from sctratch would cost between 10 and 15K anyway.

I thought that about the 5.4s .

but ebay and wreckers , you still cant get a motor for any decent price ! easier just to buy a brand new one lol

why cant they be as cheap as an ls1 :(

114 hp per litre LOL 

5.0 windsor is 220 hp = 44 hp / l

5.4 boss 260 = 64 hp /l

yeah and thats not even upping the boost over factory lol

I thought that about the 5.4s .

but ebay and wreckers , you still cant get a motor for any decent price ! easier just to buy a brand new one lol

why cant they be as cheap as an ls1 :(

Remember the 5.4 boss motor is/was an Australian creation where as the coyote/ Miami ( still not 100% sure of their differences, if anyone knows plz tell me) are out of the states therefore give it a little while and guys will be bringing them over by the container load.

From memory the 5.4 boss was the f series truck block with mustang cobra heads?

Even the na 5.0 coyote spits out 84hp per litre, far more efficient than any production spec engine from GM.

From memory the 5.4 boss was the f series truck block with mustang cobra heads?

Even the na 5.0 coyote spits out 84hp per litre, far more efficient than any production spec engine from GM.

Yet truck bottom end with the mustang heads fitted here.

I've only driven a couple of 5.4 boss equipped cars one an xr8 the other a GT. Both left me underwhelmed. No offense to anyone with one of these but they didn't do it for me at all. The Miami motored cars would be the shit I reckon and if you were going to the hassle of such a swap it'd be the only way to go.

Do you have the fg gt with the Miami?

yeah

well engineered engines are the way of the future, e39 m5 is still one of my favourite cars because of its 4.9L 400hp 7000rpm v8 that you could put around at 1200rpm in top gear if you wanted too.

that is a Mod engine, not the coyote.

The fast way to tell is the coyote has cam phaser plugs on the front of the covers