Olive Xm

Manifold working range

Can somebody explain this to me

I have an Edelbrock AirGap it says its for a 351 and works between 1500-6500 rpm.

I have one on my 393, because my engine is 42 ci larger dose this lower the 6500 say back to 6000 rpm as I will be flowing more air? 

Or dose cubic inch's have nothing to do with the 1500-6500?  My engine will do 7500 rpm so what happens between 6500 and 7500?

My engine has only been dyno tested to 6000rpm and I am wondering if I can get more out of this manifold without adding spacers.

And I don't want to change to a TFC.

The reason I ask is because in the dyno sheet below the the green line peaks 5980 rpm so thats all they pushed it. So dose that indicate that the manifold has peaked?

I should make about 520-550 at the flywheel with a TFC and Spacer in the 6500-7500 range, so Pavtek tell me, Its a custom mix of their packages so they are not sure exactly.

Its almost the same as this but 393 with a few extra changes.

http://pavtek.com.au/index.php/ford-packages-mainmenu-70/ford-packages-mainmenu-70/92-351-cleveland-2v-gold-pro-long-engine-520-hp-with-alloy-heads

http://vid1102.photobucket.com/albums/g442/olivexm/IMG_0570_zpsf1713c05.mp4

XGDYNO_zpsf371c2ef.jpg

Maybe it's the cyl heads pipes carby ignition or 100 other things? Jarrod Wood's 408 Windsor makes 730hp @ the crank on petrol with a Air gap on CHI heads so I don't think the manifold has reached it's limits TBH.But yes a spacer will definitely help it.

Yes RPM power band moves down with bigger cubes but torque and HP rise also all while requiring less RPM.Win win...

That dyno figure @ thew tyres is impressive as not many cars would have 400 @ the feet.Like to see it run some ET's first.

hey mate, a bit off topic but I reckon you should start a build thread with some details on the engine you have and the car its in or planning to go in and what its purpose is, it has me interested id say a fair few others to cheers scott

@ Slydog

Its only running Chi 2v's 190 type, so they will be holding it back a bit,they are as cast except cleaned up and matched to the Felpro intake gasket

Edelbrock performer 750 carbie been told to get a holley but I want to try one before spending the 700. 

Crane Hi 6 ingition

Msd Dissy

Cam solid 252/258 587/614 107lc

Pavtek have always told me to run the TFC and spacer with a Holley HP.

I would also like to see what happens at the track as I have just installed a nine inch with 3.5's and trutrac.

IMG_0757_zps05890a6e.jpg

Want to put a spacer on but its in an XG so I dont want to attract too much attention with a hole in the bonnet, as air cleaner is real close. Having troube getting a drop base air cleaner to clear the two fuel in let lines on the Edelbrock. 

Do you know if Jarrods heads are 2V? I would be wrapped if I could get more power and still run the Airgap. 

@ Scottly

Engine build.... Pavtek. Didnt want to do guess work this time, just easier to pick your power level by how much your wallet can handle. Not the cheapest way to get power but as they say "they are proven packages".

Scat 393 

H beams

forged Pistons

grouted block

pavtek girdle

Chi 2v

Comp roller rockers

Solid cam 

Oil restrictors 

ASR sump

ARP studs through out

Being a stroker with close to 4" of stroke, your piston speed is getting up there. Same concept as the 250 crossy, you can make them handle the rpm good enough but getting the power above those revs is more of a challenge. Rod/stroke ratio becomes less ideal the more stroke you give it. Not sure of your comp but with a cam like that you'd need above 11:1. Strokers are all about torque so 6000 rpm is probably about right for that setup. The air gap may be getting a bit wheezy by then but if you go swapping to a single plane to gain above that point you'll lose in the lower rpm band. I guess it comes down to which one you prefer.

My comp is 10.8. Not really worried about low end as you cannot cruse below 2300 rpm anyway, and accelerating under 3300 she pings anyway. But once its over 4000 it gets real, so its a top end engine anyway. 

Yaah I had looked at that as it may be an inch lower than the tfc. Also weiand have a new updated xcellerator, had the original one when I had the 4v's and it was good.

Jarrod Woods 408 goe's 730 safe tune on petrol CHI heads and a stock Air Gap. Solid roller 700 plus lift and 260plus duration.Not a manifold issue IMO plus if height is a prob another manifold will not be your friend.

EDIT...

I stand corrected it's not a Edelbrock it's a CHI dual plane inlet...

http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/woodykustoms/media/MVI_3060_zpsd4d14814.mp4.html

730 hp @ 7300 and still climbing.This car run's 10.8 @ 129 mph so far and is a TRUE street driven car.Like drives it 1h from Wagga to Narranderra cruise's it all weekend and rives it home again.Always reliable and only on petrol.100plus hours in the engine assembly alone.

Yeah they look like 3v's they are supposed to to higher air speed than the 2v's. I'm only asking this as I thought the cam would peak higher than 6k even with the extra cubes, to me it kinda defeats the purpose of a solid cam.

i doubt its the manifold holding it back... it might be though who knows.....

hard to say what is holding it back.... should be revving higher than that with that cam in it though.... who ground it btw? pretty agressive profile on the 107 center.... the power level is fairly accurate though.

remember you may have also had a tough dyno. 416hp at the tyres = 520 at the flywheel roughly. not a number to be snorted at.

I have nothing to add apart from im swaping 3 of my engines around to get the airgap off one of my V8 cortys for my new engine 

Im liking your  power level thats what im aiming for out of my ute at about 6000 that will be enough grunt to smash all of the drivline in it

I second a build thread on this thing, comon show us

Ok the tighter the lobe sep the harder it comes on the choppier it sounds and the earlier harder it falls off.So add big cubes and a not over the top cam with a tightish lobe sep it all adds up.The engine WILL rev well over 6000 I bet and fitting a 750-850 hp on a spacer and really good collectors and pipes it will gain some I bet but you have alot more then anyone who has replied thus far anyway and I suggest in the car it would be FAST.

Carby pipes exhaust spacers and maybe seting the rockers on the loose side will see top end gains.

@Xcsedan Its a Pavtek custom cam for that type of package, Lakeside Automotive dyno'd it I will take it again next week if I get time and See what I lost installing the new diff, also will add a spacer.

Dont get me wrong I am happy with it even know I will always want more power, its just the way it drops off below 6K with a solid. The first thing John at Pavtek said why did the guy stop at 6K.

@nos2 when I get some time I will try to start a thread.

@pro250 yeah I feel sorry for the Toploader sometimes, but I know it loves it.

@slydog its rinning 1 3/4"  4into1 pacemakers  twin 3inch manderal bent exhaust,  X pipe and hiflow mufflers with twin 2.5 from the diff back 

Thom, longtime no see howya going? Im loving your new wheels.

Nah been busy with the last 10 cars (that may include the customline 15 time out of that 10) my pick up is sitting in a storage unit surrounded by other stuff waiting it's turn, but the chassis is complete and it's now got a windsor and 5 speed instead of the 4.0l setup it used to have

the cuzzo is pretty unreliable (although in 4 years I've still clocked up 130,000ks in it) it's never been off the road for more than 6 months of its entire life do everything is worn out in it, but what's the good of a project car if it doesn't need work

Nah have not had a chance yet, carbie had a whistle when I installed it took a bit of stuffing around to get rid of it. It has a Idle bypass screw in the centre with four holes and was whistling through it, bit of a different setup to the Edelbrock. When you crack the throttle this one sounds the Business.