Sign in to follow this  
ltdute

xr6 turbo injectors into crossflow?

hey guys as the title says......anyone actually done it? I am attempting it at the moment after being told they are all universal fit but they don't appear to fit well. eg. only just sit into the manifold on the engine side. they are the same length from rubber seal to rubber seal as the factory injectors so they do fit in and bolt up etc. but they are really only just sitting in there on the engine side which gives me the shits if its not sealed properly. any ideas?? failing that any ideas on some injectors that will fit?? and where to purchase them from bearing in mind its for a turbo xflow so I was wanting around 36lb to 44lb

sounds dodgy but can i file away some of the body of the injector so that it fits in further?? the factory injector pushes right into where it goes wider but the xr6 injector will only push in  about 5-10mm 

Ive got BF turbo injectors in mine, fit no probs, no leaks that i have found. The seal sits in the socket in the same location so it will seat just the same as a stock xflow injector.

I can see where you want to grind away but i dont think its an issue... some of mine dont even get in that far.

2014-07-29171753_zps42802f8f.jpg

2014-07-29171828_zpsa83b3202.jpg

As was already covered, Bosch make 2 different length bodies of injector for factory use and to my best knowledge ALL falcons use the long body with the same 0'ring diameter and distance 0-ring to o-ring. So unless the injector body/manifold/fuel rail you have is damaged or modified, the injectors should fit straight in.

I'm running 42LB injectors also, IMO they are a little big but that depends on what power your chasing? The 42lb will support around 400HP in a turbo application. The reason you don't want to go to big is it will make tuning at low RPM a bastard.

I'm sure you all know by now that the injectors in BA BF turbos and even F6 are exactly the same as standard injectors and I hope people don't pay more for "turbo" injectors.

They also spray in a V pattern so are next to useless in a round port as they will just spray at the port walls.

The injector fires at the port wall in a xflow no matter what because of the cockeyed angle they are aimed in at. Thats why the OHC engines had the injectors at 12 oclock aiming directly inline with the port and at the back of the valve. As for EV6 injectors spraying in a V, thats bollocks, the 4 separate jets are shaped into a cone to improve atomisation of fuel, far better than a solid stream that the EV1 xflow injectors do. And as for EV6 injectors not working in a round port.... Ford ran them like that from EL SII thru to AU SIII. 4 fine jets of fuel are far better than 1 large one no matter what shape your port or the angle of injector. AU injectors are a direct swap in for EFI XFs, they are 20.8lbs of the AUs as compared to 21lbs of the XFs and 15 years younger.