Jiminy Kriket

Series 1 AU falcon Passenger Airbag

Hey all, Trying to sort out a problem my sister's Series 1 AU has developed and they can't reregister without rectifying the problem.

So it goes like this, the air bag warning light flashes constantly. With a little reading and googling i found that the flashing was the code 33, or Passenger Air bag Open Circuit or High Resistance. This series 1 au didn't come with a passenger side air bag, so a little more reading and I found that it could be as simple as the dummy resistor in the harness could've fallen out.

So question time.

1. Where do I find the part of the harness in the au that the passenger air bag is meant to be plugged into?

2. Do I have to remove the dash to find it?

3. How do I clear the error code flashing on the dash?

Other on dash problem, it has the service spanner up on the dash, but no matter how long you push the reset button for it won't clear. Possible reasons for this would help greatly.

Thanks for reading.

SPArKy_Dave may have researched this before?

I haven't worked on au series much so I'm not sure if it follows convention. Often airbag wiring is bright yellow or sometimes white and clearly marked as such to avoid accidental triggers.

If it was optional to have a passenger side one the there should be a plug in spot most likely behind the glovebox. Usually just a small two wire plug with heavy sheath. I have no idea what the dummy would be or where it's located. It could simply be plugged in the loom where the bag would normally be plugged in.

Once that's figured out the errors might resolve itself or may need to be reset with a code reader. Same goes for the persistent service tag.