Sign in to follow this  
NZXD

Single rail thrust bearing / shift fork set up

Oh forgot to mention: your sandwich plate might be usable if you cut the starter motor bit off inboard of the bolt holes and have that bit separate from the rest. Those things aren't cheap. I think they're about A$140

Oh forgot to mention: your sandwich plate might be usable if you cut the starter motor bit off inboard of the bolt holes and have that bit separate from the rest. Those things aren't cheap. I think they're about A$140

Is there any issue in doing this mod?

There are no bellhousing to block bolts below the starter flange, so it won't make any difference to the spacing of the gearbox, etc. just means that when you bolt up your starter you'll need to hold the bit of plate in place. You just might have a little gap at the point you cut it, but no big deal. Better line it all up first... measure twice, cut once, etc.

Thanks gerg, it will be my project tonight.

The new flywheel turned up yesterday, so all going well I will sort that out as well, it is suitable for 10.5 and 11 inch clutches, so I'll throw my 10.5 on for now.

Well turns out my mustang/falcon clutch and disk is only 10inch and doesn't line up.

So I'll be ordering a new 11 inch clutch kit hopefully next week. I test fitted the new bell housing and have about 5mm clearance between the housing and driver side headers, I was worried for a second!