Sign in to follow this  
'Nova

XH Reprogaming Remote (series 2)

Hey guys

Need to reprogram a remote for the XH,

I've tried earthing out the 2nd pin on the right hand side after turning the ignition onto ACC with no luck!

Was going to try the rear demister trick (have to find the right plug though!!)

Anyone able to get a photo of the colour of plug in the end of the rear demister switch in their EL for me? Pretty sure the econ plug has the same pins etc!

a nova  the question remains  "How did you fix"     cause I need to do same shortly as my old one is a hit an miss unit so I expect it to die soon

any tips, pics,  help will be good  thanks demmo

When you're earthing it out using the second PIN, earth it out three times within the five seconds from turning the key to ACC.

Seems that little piece of information is missed out by everyone. They all say hit the demister 3 times but say nothing about earthing it out three times!!!

When you're earthing it out using the second PIN, earth it out three times within the five seconds from turning the key to ACC.

Seems that little piece of information is missed out by everyone. They all say hit the demister 3 times but say nothing about earthing it out three times!!!

So its not as simple as what this guy claims in this video?

So its not as simple as what this guy claims in this video?

Basically Steve, Yes. But when you don't have a demister switch (Which panelvans dont!) they say to earth out a pin. They just dont tell you to earth out that pin 3 times!