winton

te s pack no.247 build

Started some work on my te s pack. Plan is to do some upgrades to the engine, change to a 5 speed from the auto, not a huge fan of manuals but I want to keep it original in appearance. Fit the 28 spline diff I built, change the steer rack to a manual one. Paint the car and basically try and make it as close to looking standard as possible, oh and retrim the seats.

Some pictures of how it looks now.

IMG_20111022_134042.jpg

IMG_20111203_120954-1.jpg

IMG_20130728_110300.jpg

IMG_20140705_215736.jpg

CAM00395.jpg

CAM00396.jpg

And how I want it to look, will be fitting nougths and crosses wheels to clear the brakes .

S-Pack-Brochure-for-Web_0.jpg

Console I put together for it.

CAM00023.jpg.

The s pack material I picked up.

CAM00375.jpg

I have most of the parts I need to put it together, thinking I'll stretch the rear tubs as well.

I'll throw up more pictures as I go.

My Auntie and Uncle had one of these in Red, think it was built number #70-#71 or #75 in Adelaide but they sold it in 2003 for $700.00 to there family friend who then sold it on in 2006 and its disappeared since.

Nice car mate, like it allot!

Looked pretty good as is.... TBH.

Kinda 90's retro.

Looks better in pictures. Paints bubbling/cracking in some places. I do like how it looks now and when I start to prep the body I'll be thinking should should I really do this. I would like to see it looking like it did when it left the factory being 1 of 500 made.

Subscribed!

Love these cortinas!

I was looking through all my old photos of the TE and TF cortinas I had, there are a few I wish I still had!

What colour are you going to paint it?

Good score on the seat material!

What colour are you going to paint it?

Good score on the seat material!

Colour will be the colour it left the factory, monza red.

Yeah, happy i got the material. Got it from a guy that read a thread about the seats. Apparently his grandpa had it in his shed. Didn't come cheep. ebay ,i wasn't the only one who wanted it.

Those wheels look like Audi 15" alloys. I tried a set on mine once but the wrecker gave me one odd one so I took them back and put SAAB 15" steelies on. Hard to get now as most euro stuff went 5-stud in the 90s.

Thats one nice looking little Corty Bud!

Always wanted one of these as a young fella but never got one.

If only i jad some mpore room in the shed!

So I've been concentrating on getting the t5 to fit without cutting into the hump. First I fitted a mustang extension housing, didn't just drop on. Found the issue, it was fouling on the 5th gear. After some grinding got it to fit. Before and after.

CAM00442.jpg

CAM00465.jpg

Now looks pretty much the same at the falcon with the same depth.

Made some engine blocked and pulled the motor forward about 25mm, still need to clean them up. Plenty clearance between the water pump and radiator .

CAM00571.jpg

CAM00572.jpg

This is where the shifter comes through now. Picture taken with box in 4th gear, will be trimming about 20mm off for I bit more clearance .

CAM00567.jpg

CAM00579.jpg

This week only got half way through rebuilding the rack, went to slam it back together this morning but needs some more shims on the pinion. Looks like I'll be heading to the local self serve wreckers this week for shims.

CAM00663.jpg

Is a high energy sump with the extra bit welded in at the front to clear a hv oil pump, I built the engine before getting on the net so I didn't know not to use a hv pump..

In a nut shell specks are 570 holley, Cain manifold, head ported , 1.84 inlet valves, 1.6 exhaust, acl pistons, did have a 650 crow cam fitted changed to a 647, engine is in pieces at the moment.