Sign in to follow this  
agentkiwi

Alloy radiator fitment

Hi guys, quick question.

Who knows if 1 of these aluminum radiators will fit straight into my FD.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=748167552

The original 1 sprung a pinhole leak near the outlet at the top & I've had it braised but the guy said it could be a matter of time before another 1 pops up so I want to be proactive & replace it.

The original core is 550 x 440 x 32 & the 1 im looking at is 650 x 450 x50.

I measured for the length & depth, will be fine. Will the width be an issue with the fan? I measured & it looks like I'll have 7mm clearance but does anyone know for sure?

Thanks & cheers.

I had one and it won't drop straight in, you'll have to trim it a bit on the top for the mounts, I went back to a original recore. And you'll have to earth it.

Thanks for the heads up.

What exactly would I have to trim? The radiator or the support panel mounts. If the latter I won't buy it.

Where did you get yours? & how much?

Earthing the alloy one would be easy enough

don't waste your money on the alloy one mate its a pretty rubbish one. Put the money towards a decent copper brass factory one. I own a radiator shop in Invercargill. Im away tomorrow for a couple of weeks but you could give the guy that's looking after the shop for me and tell him you know me off here and ill tell him to do you a deal. Better radiator and they are serviceable later down the track and got the trans cooler in them.