Hey guys,

After t5 conversion into XF my clutch pedal is sitting probably 3 inches above the brake pedal to get full disengagement of the clutch. Any lower and the clutch doesn't disengage enough. The adjusting nut is as far one way as it can go to get the pedal lower but it still sits high...

It's an EF t5 clutch (to suit crank) if that makes any difference... could it just be that my cable is too short?!

There has been a few questions asked previously about this issue but none of what I have read has really answered my question.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

you might have the wrong cable, did you route it through the crossmember? the 4 and 5 speed single rail had the fork coming out the drivers side so the cable would be much shorter, you might have the cable for that application

yeah all routed through the cross member as it should be, and yeah I got the longer cable to suit the t5 due to the fork being on the opposite side...

Heya Mate, my T5 has a high clutch pedal in the XG, I have had it adjusted lower to sit level with the brake, but that means your grabbing clutch too early on lift off.

I think they do sit a little higher than the brake pedal normally anyway. Mine always has.

My advice , learn to shift with a higher pedal. =)  , could try a new clutch cable if yours is old..... maybe stretched.

Jack.

But this seems abnormally high, a good few inches higher than the brake peddle. I'm reasonably used to it now as it's been like this a while, would be nicer to shift if it was a little lower that's all :).

New cable and clutch when installed.

Maybe being a new cable it might take a bit of stretching for it to settle down nice and firm, especially if it's the longer one (Series 2 XF onwards)

Same problem in my car clutch sits slightly higher than brake pedal and took me a while to get use to it, if i adjust it any lower it will grab to early and almost launch every take off haha. I hate cable clutches they are shit IMO, the hydraulic setup i previously had with the crossflow was awesome.

When I did my T5 conversion, I had the same problem. Mine was an XF to Xf conversion. It was fine in the first XF. I just adjusted mine and let it be.

But this seems abnormally high, a good few inches higher than the brake peddle. I'm reasonably used to it now as it's been like this a while, would be nicer to shift if it was a little lower that's all :).

New cable and clutch when installed.

Its normal mate, when the clutch is set up ya supposed to grab the cable at the fire wall and pull on it until the clutch pedal just hits the rubber stop and lock it in there. There should be NO free play between the pedal and the rubber stop(Ford Factory Workshop Manual).

I also found having it adjusted down too low had me clunking in 5th comingh off the clutch. You'll get used to it =) .

Jack.

So it should get better over time... just gotta wear the clutch a little then I guess :P haha. Thanks for the input guys!

Daves ute had this issue when i converted it to a manual, but i cant remember what was the issue i think it was the carrier bearing

there is also 2 diffrent cables for the XF with the fork out the other side i had the worng one in his to start with and it was real high to. it was stuff out of the shed i used but def 2 diffrent lenths

Just did the clutch in my xf t5 and the pedal sits about an inch above the brake. I can adjust mine right up but it works fine at the height i have it now. There not the best setup but they do the job. Mine is working spot on now. Was your car already a manual. Have you checked your pedal box. Mine was cracked and only just hanging on when i got it. Had the pedal adjusted right up and still wouldnt disengage propally. Also how good is your cable. Mine was worn and jamming up and didnt help the problem. Maybe cracked firewall.

Heya 93xf =) , The Pedal height for an XF is 178-182mm, this is from the clutch pedal to the floor pan. On the XG its 140mm, which after adjusting mine up yesterday is still 1-2 inches above the brake pedal. Hope that puts ya mind at ease.

Jack.