griffo74

How to identify tacho dash difference between a. 6 and 8

Can anyone help identify a v8 tacho dash for an xd falcon. No part number sticker is on the back iof dash. Failing installing the dash is there any way if telling whether it is from a 6 or 8?

Can't remember if I got this of Ozfalcon or Xfalcon but:

The 8 cylinder plate part number is 78DA10843CD and the cluster part number is 78DA10849FC

Should be someone out there can confirm

I have heard (don't know if its true) that the V8 dashes had the redline begin higher than 6 ones?

Yep you are right Polson, 6 cyl 4800, V8 5200. Easily changed with 2 mini Philips head screws holding the face on. Otherwise you can just re-colour it or ignore it like I do

My xd tacho has 3 screws on back that look like they hold it together and two that are recessed . Which ones do you adjust . Using a 6cyl dash cluster with v8

My xd tacho has 3 screws on back that look like they hold it together and two that are recessed . Which ones do you adjust . Using a 6cyl dash cluster with v8
The trim pot sits sideways and needs the speedo to be removed to access it. I ran the engine with the cluster plugged in minus speedo and adjusted from an indicated 2000 down to 1500.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk