Ando81

Poor radio reception

Hi lads, as the title suggests, I'm experiencing poor fm radio reception in my ute. I had a CD player fitted a while ago but the radio was crap before then. I shouldn't have been so tight and got the aerial replaced at the same time but didn't. The steel part of the original aerial is bent and has a small kink in it. Was wondering if I mounted a new base and aerial on the guard would it improve signal without running the cable right back to the CD player. I'm told that my ute being a 91 model will have a pull apart join in the coax cable that I can access in the inner guard. Fire away with your opinions of best solution please!!

I bought similar off ebay. Mine is a little black one you mount to the windscreen. It also has a 12v wire. Haven't tried it yet but not paying 100+ dollars that normal guard mount universal aerials seem to be at retail shops.

So without sounding stupid, can that aerial be mounted inside the car anywhere and get reception? Or does it need to be stuck onto the glass or something. Pics don't really show much I'm sorry.