SPArKy_Dave

CALLING ALL SOUTH AUSTRALIAN MEMBERS - show of hands needed please.

61 posts in this topic

OzFalcon has an application in the works with the South Australian DPTI, to become an official accredited club,

able to offer our members participation in their Historic Rego scheme.

The other states/territories of Australia, will be following soon!

As per the other thread of similar name, we need a show of hands, for all SOUTH AUSTRALIAN OzFalcon members who see this,

please add your name to this list, and pass it down the line.

- as per requirements, we need a show of hands from ALL SOUTH AUSTRALIAN members

including your member name,

and firstly - the total number of cars you own (including daily drivers), then secondly - how many of those vehicles, are 1979 or older -

These numbers, would also include any unregistered project vehicles, currently in the works.

1. --------- 5/3          .............eg, you own 5 vehicles total, and 3 of them are 1979 or older. (ie, 3 of them would be eligible for Club Permits)

2. --------- 4/2

etc.

If members wish to put down their actual name, that's ok,

but can everyone also include their USER NAME please, so we can PM members individually, in due course.

Well ill go first then!

Gromet- 32/11

***I actually seriously had to open my list on my computer to find out because i had no f-ing idea!****

Clean up might be in order me thinks!

SPArKy_Dave likes this

Hendrixhc 5/2

Quick question: I thought all cars over 30yrs old were eligible for club reg eg older than 1984?

Quick question: I thought all cars over 30yrs old were eligible for club reg eg older than 1984?

http://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/10439/code_of_practice_historic.pdf

Historic Vehicle
a motor vehicle
manufactured prior to 1 January 1979,
that has not been modified from its original

design to any significant extent.

Thanks Dave. I couldnt get that doc to load.

Kinda sux that our X series dont qualify.

Is it different in Vic etc cause i know XES XE is on club reg?

Thanks Dave. I couldnt get that doc to load.

Kinda sux that our X series dont qualify.

Is it different in Vic etc cause i know XES XE is on club reg?

Vic is 25yrs or older, thus why Pete has his XE on club reg.

Hi Dave,

The laws are so strict in SA it's not funny.

With club rego in SA cars cannot be modified they have to be stock to the exact to manufactures build down to rims size, steering wheel as I was picked on for having a momo steering wheel (aftermarket) and chrome shock towers as it's not factory,

Not digging any holes but SA has a total different set up to Vic/NSW I have already looked into it for historic reg. also every time a car gets to be driven on club reg they have to call the president of the club for permission for the car to be driven from home address to destination.

Also the car/s will have to go over the pits at Regency for inspection.

SA is so behind with everything as they still have the payment scheme for car rego at 3 months/6 months/ 9 months/12 months full reg.

I used to have my Corty on club reg but the rules werent as strict as Nick suggested. It was along time ago and i guess they have changed but for the worse by the sounds of it

^^^^Would like to hear what was involved James as that club could have the simple guidelines being an older car club.

I was in talks with the barossa valley historical car club 6 months ago for future developments for club rego in Sa as I phoned and wrote a letter to Transport SA (6 months ago) about historic rego for ESPGhia.com, I was told over the phone that cause SA does not require RWC for registering a car with rego expired owners can use the seasonal registration and that they stopped cars historic rego cars built after 1978 and they have to be original.

I wish SA could adapt and follow the rules like Victoria for club rego input nothing is stopping anyone from forming a club it's just the requirements are very strict.

Another thing I have seen is guys from SA joining vic clubs and registering there car on vic reg through there vic club but car under owners name in sa but using the (vic club address).

Hi Dave,

The laws are so strict in SA it's not funny.

With club rego in SA cars cannot be modified they have to be stock to the exact to manufactures build down to rims size, steering wheel as I was picked on for having a momo steering wheel (aftermarket) and chrome shock towers as it's not factory,

Not digging any holes but SA has a total different set up to Vic/NSW I have already looked into it for historic reg. also every time a car gets to be driven on club reg they have to call the president of the club for permission for the car to be driven from home address to destination.

Also the car/s will have to go over the pits at Regency for inspection.

SA is so behind with everything as they still have the payment scheme for car rego at 3 months/6 months/ 9 months/12 months full reg.

Yep, this is true.  Had a few guys ask me if I have my old Autolite carby, or dizzy, so they can get club rego. Stock air cleaner, stock steering wheel, seats and stereo, etc, etc,.........

Reminds me of early days, when race teams used to hollow out a Bosch distributor and install a Mallory twin point guts in it.

gromet88 likes this

I remember those ^^^^^^^^

But in all seriousness, the rego laws are all over the place. Try and buy an american car and rego it over here as a LHD, go on, i dare you! You will hit every bump and corner you could imagine!

Ill leave it short and sweet, everyone i think knows my views on regos

Farkin351 likes this

If i had to return my XE to stock for club rego i wouldnt bother with the scheme.

What i understand in SA the consulting authorities are a bunch of stuffy old cunts that sit around arguing over petty bullshit things like incorrect bolts etc.

Farkin351 likes this

something like that. they also want original warning stickers, original ignition barrel, even as it came out of factory, auto or manual

Pretty narrow minded views if you ask me. The cars are 30yrs old for fuck sake, your not always going to be able to source original parts.

yeah well you can scream that until you poo your pants, they make the rules so unless you know someone there to go softer on you, as i said before, good luck

bear351c likes this

I used to have my Corty on club reg but the club wasnt worth belonging to so i figured it wasnt worth the trouble.

To many old know all clowns.