Server maintenance Read more... ×
Grimmy

Strong engine mounts

Wats the strongest engine mount ? Bar solids

I've recently put in some super pro mounts and its only been a month or so and the drivers side mount is split in half

Wat engine mounts does everyone else run ?

Just a small cam , 10-1 comp . Nothing really , I can't figure out why the drivers side one broke . I don't go backward very oftern

my old xd 351 used to have this problem but was always passenger side , bought new cheap ones then wielded a plate so there was no flex solid mounts  , was same as bolting a engine to the chassis, was good for a temp fix thou i never really minded the engine vibration. just a bit more personality to the car.

as i said only a temp fix . not a solution to the existing problem.

stranger part was it never broke them with manuals , always broke them with auto's  figure that 1 out 

what have you done to engine? lol mines turbo'd and the stock mounts hold.

His is NAT ASP which is ALOT more severe than a boosted application on launch unless it's transbraked.I used to brake mounts in my ute when it was manual too.Rolling burnouts and dropped clutches kills boxes and mounts and stuff pretty quickly.

If its the bolts your worried about then usually you drill them out and fit a bigger bolt that joins the 2 halfs.

If its the elastomer thats tearing id recommend an engine damper. That woudl be the next thing id tink about trying anyway. Just IMO.

enginedamperrio.jpg

(sorry for double post, the work PC's hate all the java stuff and i cant open the editor)<br /><br />The damper will work like a shocky and limit the max travel of eng movement. If the rubber is tearing it must be reaching ti's max deflection and the damper should help with this.

There was a thread on Xfalcon, of a guy who fabricated his engine mounts, wouldnt really be 2 hard if you ask me,

you have the 3 bolts that hold the plates on the crossmember, then the 3 holes that hold the engine mounts onto the side of the block, could easily fabricate something with a big fat noathane bush on it