JGP

rear window seal

Gents, 

In todays heavy melbourne rain I noticed a drop of water where the rear window demister is connected (see pic with orange circle).  Does this mean the rear window seal needs replacing or something else is going on?

20140603_161857_zps494dce14.jpg

Was it just 1 drop?

If so i wouldn't loose sleep.

Could have been condensation build up from inside the car and there is nothing wrong with your

window seal at all?

Could be something more sinister and have rust under the seal and the H2o  is getting in?

Get a mate to jump in the back seat and you stick the water hose in that area and see if you can see whats going on.

Gents,

In todays heavy melbourne rain I noticed a drop of water where the rear window demister is connected (see pic with orange circle). Does this mean the rear window seal needs replacing or something else is going on?

I would do the smoke/water test first run your fingers across the inside of the roof lining to see if there are any damp spots.

Another theory is if you have water entering the car you will find (dampness/foggy) your windows will fog up from the inside of car.

If your window has been taken out in the past and hasn't been sealed properly you have water getting in I suggest you get a windscreen bloke to come out take window out clean rubber seal (you can do yourself) and re-install rear window knowing that it's been re-sealed.

If you do decide to take the window out you will see where the water is getting in and if there is any surface rust you can sand and clean tidy it up.

Wouldn't surprise me if its surface rust started to appear very common for these cars.

Probably cost you $70-80 for windscreen guy as it will be a good investment.

Hope this helps and best of luck look forward to hearing what the end result is.

Get a mate to jump in the back seat and you stick the water hose in that area and see if you can see whats going on.

Just make sure you put the hose on the outside!

How'd you go JGP?

Yeah not bad.  I set the hose on jet and ran it over the area, couldn't see any leakage.  In saying that I reckon its still a good idea to replace the seal, at least then I can check if there is any rust forming etc....