Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Pllu

Anyone with a FMX

Hey guys

I have a FMX Auto and i did a service on it and found half the dipstick in the pan.

Its not even for a Trans its a Engine Dipstick hence why the last owner has snaped it off.

As i dont know how much fluid i now have in my gear box as i dont have a dipstick

Asking for help from anyone that has a FMX to messure the length of the dipstick and then how far up is the Full when running mark.

I will then make up one to suit with the correct markings..

Have tried many auto shops and they cant help

Thanks in Advance

Yep, not much available for the cast iron lump. B&M don't make an adaptor for their shifters, can't buy aftermarket dipsticks, etc.....

But, I FOOKIN" LOVE THEM........heavy as hell, but, bullet proof. Neck snapping gear changes, and...............ok, I'll go out and measure mine. Back soon.

Aww....man.!   I just put all the shit back on the bonnet.!!!  I'll have a guess that it was an extra 70-80mm from the mark, to the end, so that sounds about the same length.

Shouldn't matter about the overall length, as long as it touches the fluid. Cut 10mm off at a time, until it stops hitting the pan. They are quite hard to push in the last 6 inches or so, just twist it a little.

does the FMX have a level plug on it, dont trust with not knowing the right dipstick size. i did a pan drop before i took it out of the car and 5.5ltrs came out. i put back in 5L plus 1.5Ltr for spillage from the rear main and a new trans cooler. i should be ok but its not something i want to cook as i like this box

Geez, now you're pushing my memory cells.......did i mention I drink a lot.!!?

Not 100%, but I reckon one of the pan bolts is used as a drain, don't think I remember a fill plug.

Got a big blue workshop manual, or a Gregorys? They will tell you the amount from dry. I think with an empty stall converter, the FMX holds 8-10 litres.

haha, yeah i sometimes have blood in my alcohol system to. 

well i need more fluid i think as start the car let it warm up put in D and nothing happens, give the throttle a blip and she get a gear. iv put another 1ltr in and its grabing gears everytime now but still not like it was