Sign in to follow this  
MoeFord

Groaning Noise coming from the back of the car

I have an EB XR6 5 speed. As of late I have noticed that when i am cruising at certain speeds there is a bit of a strange groaning noise coming from the back of the car. When i change speeds and/ or gears it goes away. It usually happens when im cruising at about 110kms or when im in second gear at low speeds.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Does it happen when you're accelerating from low RPM? If you were to drop down a gear at 110kmh does it go away?

Does it cause a vibration through the car?

Haha no its not the mrs.

Yes XBTAS you have described it well. Similiar noise to when your in the wrong gear at times and need to drop a gear, except im in the right gear.

Missus sitting in the back?

Funny i thought the same thing only it was my old girl. Every time i went around a corner the old bag would moan and groan.

I had this last night in my golf. Dog got a blood nose and started spraying blood spit n shit well maybe not the shit everywhere

The groan was coming from me

The car looks like something from pulp fiction. Instant Salisbury downs street cred motherfucker!

I havent checked under the car yet but I do remember reading somewhere a while ago that someone had a alsimoliar noise and it was related to the tailshaft. Ill have a look under and check it out.