BigCav

Alloy Radiator Questions

xebruce: while that is true EF style fans had no dramas sucking through my 5 core radiator at all, if it will do that 5 core burnout master it will do anything, the thing was huge

Nice job. Sorry to hijack, BigCav, what mods did you get done, Ronny? All up cost?  Wanna sell it?   :ph34r:

All up cost $165

Plus contra deal on the mods ;)

Mods: "Cover plate" on top to hide the U channel, bung welded to tank for drain valve, overflow barb moved around 90 degrees on filler neck

Sell it? $400 its yours then ill have to go buy and modify another one lol

(having a valve for drainage on my current radiator and trying to work out the wierd thread (1/2" BSP) and buying the tap and making the bung was a pain in the A)

At $165 why wouldn't you give it a go. For so long its always been a case of you get what you pay for but it seems on some things its not always so. A customer of ours has a mustang with a pretty stout 363 Windsor and couldn't keep it cool with a alloy rad and electric fan package all bought through a very well known aussie company. Tried all sorts of the usual tricks to sort it and in the end a cheapy alloy ebay job that cost about what you guys spent with an au fan assembly did the job.  

I had a look at the PBR and Aussie Desert Cooler units and while i would say their finish is far superior so is their pricing at roughly 4 times the price.

I have also read of late of issues with leaks. Dont know if its true or not though.

At $165 why wouldn't you give it a go. For so long its always been a case of you get what you pay for but it seems on some things its not always so. A customer of ours has a mustang with a pretty stout 363 Windsor and couldn't keep it cool with a alloy rad and electric fan package all bought through a very well known aussie company. Tried all sorts of the usual tricks to sort it and in the end a cheapy alloy ebay job that cost about what you guys spent with an au fan assembly did the job.  

Id say it was the fans that caused overheating issues and not the radiator

The fans that came with my desert cooler were shit

IMO a radiator leaks or it doesnt, its the air & water flow that matters

I had a look at the PBR and Aussie Desert Cooler units and while i would say their finish is far superior so is their pricing at roughly 4 times the price.

I have also read of late of issues with leaks. Dont know if its true or not though.

From what i know, PBR is def better than Aussie Desert Cooler

2015-02-05%2009.53.33.jpg

Well at last i gave my old Desert cooler crap radiator the flick

Chucked the $165 jobby in last night

It runs cooler than before, lets see how long it lasts

Very happy :)

I've never heard one good thing about those desert cooler blokes.

Smartest thing they did was sponsor Gary Meyers the burnout king

They got alot of business from that

Gotta a nice chrome cover that might fit over that radiator Ronny!  ;)

Yours looks good mate but i prefer the brushed alloy look

Nothing chrome or polished on my car

that norm from ADC is a flogger best bullshit in the business

$165 buck rad for my ute here I come link me ronny? james?

Yeah he is not bad hey, sells the dream lol

Here's one example, lots more

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/331389758067?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107&chn=ps