gerg

Clevo sump removal in-chassis

Wow scared the shit out of me xc! Dam you. I'll upload a photo of it. It looks like a serious piece of hardware but doesn't look like a retaining piston clip like those that came up on a Google search.

20141209_164310.jpg

Yeah I do have the blue xc. I'm thinking it could be a collate? Which means I have to undo the rocker covers again. I'll wait till someone confirms.

Could it be the side off one of the pivot bearings? Do you know what brand the rockers are? There's a certain cheap brand that gets a mention very often on here whose rockers have let go in catastrophic ways many times before.

Roller rockers are scorpion brand. Nothing looked suss when rocker covers were off. Could they be the spring collets? Don't they come in two pieces? But would that mean the spring would fall out?

I can deal with oil leaks for a while haha I just can't deal with. .. bang!

if it's a collet i have no idea how the valve has not dropped. and it could only be the top section of the collet looking at the pic which means its broken if thats the case.

i agree with the roller rocker component, that's certainly what it looks like.

either way, something metal that big coming out of the engine, time for engine out and get someone to look it over.

I'm guessing it came from somewhere random. Hell, maybe I accidentally dropped it in there somehow, ill check collets visually and then I'll take it for a spin. If it goes that will be the end of the xc for me. Sorry for taking over the thread.

Haha i just want the thing running like it used to. Took her for a spin nothing over 4k just to see how she goes. Went alright pressures are more stable than before, needle doesn't jump around. Highest psi on start up was like 80 compared to off the dial 100 psi + before the old pump went. At he lights it's around 40 when warm and 80 when crushing.

Gentleman...i should've looked harder at the rockers... drivers side 2nd from front is loose as fuck. The bolt is tight but the pushrod isn't up against it so I think I've popped another lifter out the bore.. last time it happened I reved it too hard I think. Anyone got ideas why this is happening? It's the 2nd time now but different lifter this time.

I should of done that a whole ago but I thought it was a small issue. Lifter has collapsed so I've decided I'll send the car back to the engine builder to have a look at everything and get the lifters looked at. Just don't have the time to spend on it anymore. Cheers for the help guys.