XFGHIA747

351c gas setups.

Hey Men Just Wanting To Look At All Your Cleveland Gas Setups anything From Basic To Full LGI Setups 

so post up some pics of what you all have cheers

Jake.

I run a torker 2 on the 5.0 windsor , using a 650 baseplate, modded the TPS to make it work

on the 351 i ran a Impco425 and an Xcellerator manifold

This is the setup on old Lucy Lu!

cleanuptime2_zps7b94f99e.jpg

gasimpco2_zps41f9a327.jpg

purchaseday8_zps0c34f7cc.jpg

purchaseday3_zpsa3dc50fd.jpg

I recon its pretty ugly and cant wait to  piss it off. 

It has an Impco 425 carby on it and standard air filter ( its only saving grace)!

Trouble is guys my xf is 86 gotta run gas to pass rego bloke from transport told me I gotta remove tank and lines to but engineer dont think so, will find out shortly hopefully dont need to remove to put back in lol :P

i did a twin GRA setup on an XF last year, absolutely awesome gear, very easy to tune.

ran a mild 351 (bout 320-350hp), and got the GRA adapter to holley 4150 pattern, that engine performs faultlessly, mainly because it has been tuned and setup properly, surprisingly has run on straight gas since the motor was brand new too with 0 issues.

i'll see if i saved any pics of it.

Hmm Not sure about Tassie's rego requirements but in NSW an XF with a V8 is a reasonably easy thing to get passed as long as u meet the car original requirements, couple of blokes I know have just copied XE falcon emission specs and got by, but they were pre 86 XF's as well I would imagine a post 86 model would be a fair bit harder to get passed.

Hmm Not sure about Tassie's rego requirements but in NSW an XF with a V8 is a reasonably easy thing to get passed as long as u meet the car original requirements, couple of blokes I know have just copied XE falcon emission specs and got by, but they were pre 86 XF's as well I would imagine a post 86 model would be a fair bit harder to get passed.

Yeah mine is post 86 there is no issue with transport of the engine going in as I have all my application approved I can put 460 in if I like long as it is run purely and soley on lpg witch kind is gay I cant even leave my fuel tank in aparently but thats up to my engineer ill just hook up the gas and leave tank in place see weather he says anything..

you could always get a cobrajet style manifold and run 2 impco 425's on that with a cobrajet style air cleaner that would look pretty sweet if you could hide the converter well enough. It should make some decent power if you cam and set up the ignition right.

Got any pics of a setup like that? Just the manifold could hide the converter behind a nice alloy or stainless shroud with some condue on all the pipeing would look pretty neat.

Yeah mine is post 86 there is no issue with transport of the engine going in as I have all my application approved I can put 460 in if I like long as it is run purely and soley on lpg witch kind is gay I cant even leave my fuel tank in aparently but thats up to my engineer ill just hook up the gas and leave tank in place see weather he says anything..

It's about the same in SA. Can run 427 etc in AC Cobra's but, on straight Gas. It has to do with emissions, Carbon Monoxide and shit. LPG makes bugger all compared to petrol. In SA, you can get a defect for having a tank in the boot, with the whole Gas set up ripped out !!

LPG makes bugger all compared to petrol. In SA, you can get a defect for having a tank in the boot, with the whole Gas set up ripped out !!

I had my gas Corty on my mate's engine analyser and he couldn't believe how clean he could get it to idle. Normally the cleanest you can get a non-cat petrol engine is around 4.5% CO and 250 ppm HC. Winding the mixture up or down causes one or the other to increase. On gas it was below 1% CO and below 100 ppm HC, as clean as or better than a cat-equipped car. He'd never put a gas car on the machine before and thought there was something wrong with it.

I believe so. i was having trouble starting the bastard when i first got it. I tracked down this solenoid connected to a dodgey relay which connects down to the starter solenoid. 2 of the wires were off the relay and when connected back up the thing started like a dream!

Twin GRA setup is a sweet thing, runs faultlessly for years after a proper tune, not heaps of bloke can do it though, because the metering rod often needs to be machined to suit the engine.  But again you really never have to put a spanner on it!

I had my gas Corty on my mate's engine analyser and he couldn't believe how clean he could get it to idle. Normally the cleanest you can get a non-cat petrol engine is around 4.5% CO and 250 ppm HC. Winding the mixture up or down causes one or the other to increase. On gas it was below 1% CO and below 100 ppm HC, as clean as or better than a cat-equipped car. He'd never put a gas car on the machine before and thought there was something wrong with it.

i beg to differ, i've seen plenty of well tuned carby cars below 2.5% CO (inc my XC at one point) including some ones that make 450+hp all it requires is a proper tuner, many cars are tuned inefficiently finding someone who has that finest touch is hard but makes all the difference.

the most surprising i have ever seen is a 393 turbo cleveland putting out near on 2% with a blowthrough setup, i couldn't beleive it when i read it, its an SA car too.

the most surprising i have ever seen is a 393 turbo cleveland putting out near on 2% with a blowthrough setup, i couldn't beleive it when i read it, its an SA car too.

Don't doubt it for a second mate and the key word I think is tuning. Factory setups are a repeatable, mass-produced state of tune (hence the rather loose standard) whereas our machines are more finely-honed instruments, having lavished much more time and money on getting them right. A bit of comp helps a lot in that respect but one thing I haven't mentioned is NOx, which makes it a three-way battle to get it running clean. Anyways I digress....

LPG is awesome!