Anthony Pllu

Low rise v High Rise Intake manifolds

hey guys just wondering what the benifit would be between high and low rise manifolds

i see that the high rise ones are about three times the price so guessing they must be better.

im running a stock 351c and looking at going gas research twin system so looking for a manifold with no egr just not sure what is the best low or high. 

im not taking it to the drags or anything just want a cruiser that will light up when i ask it to

in your case id by an eldolbrok performer, great for all applications ,much beeter then stock ,it shouldnt give you bonnet clearance problems ,a little pricey but worth the $

Another option (if you can find one): a dual-quad with twin Impco 425s. Been done before I believe with great results, a bit more compact than GRA mixers.

alright man general rule of thumb for street cruizing with a mild hydraulic cam you want a dual plane low rise manifold.

For a more aggressive cammed engine like a solid - solid roller you want a single plane high rise, it all has to do with engine speed and therefore air velocity.

If you stick a high rise on a mild engine it wont make as much power as it could because you wont be revving it to the optimum amount for the manifold.

same if you put a low rise dual plane on an angry engine it wont move enought air and wil choke the engine

Another option (if you can find one): a dual-quad with twin Impco 425s. Been done before I believe with great results, a bit more compact than GRA mixers.

Can you find a dual quad clevo manifold?

He might not want a tunnelram swinging in the breeze

Robbie is on it...best all round manifold for a mild to pretty hot V8 is the RPM Air Gap...but a Performer with either a 1" spacer or the divider milled open between the two sides doe's almost as good a job.

Seriously watch this and take note they just work...