Server maintenance Read more... ×
ILIED

Cleveland EFI

trickflow dont do them for clevo's if you look at the pic its a windsor manifold. the guy port matched it to clevo heads

You can't "port match" a Windsor manifold to a Clevo... Windsors have a water jacket through them with a thermostat housing at the front, and both have different deck heights and bolt patterns. I tend to believe that pic of the DeTomaso Clevo was a mock-up with a 351 Windsor intake as the end of the manifold doesn't even match the valley rail, and the thermo housing on the Clevo block would clash with the one on the manifold too.

This proper Trick Flow Clevo manifold has been around for a couple of years now:

http://www.trickflow.com/search.asp?N=400098++4294951917+4294951907+4294949519+115+325401&autoview=sku

http://www.trickflow.com/largeimage.asp?part=TFS-516L0114

i remember someone doing a back to back dyno on the box R vs the tickford t3 intake.... t3 won, that is one well designed manifold, but aparently has its floors too, and could have been even better if tickford listened to the designer.

yeah I reckon it shat on anything Ford US had done with the Windsor... Hats off to the engineers who came up with that one, I reckon someone should build them again.

Interested to know what the flaws were though

I could be wrong but the minor issue with the T3 manifold was that it restricted the airflow to cyl  1 and some air flow was a little different from left to right side of the motor due to the inlet location and air flow going over the top of the runners in a loop movement .It was a made for tick ford by Morrison motorsport , formerly in Lillydale Vic , now located in NZ , they did an excellent job on it and for street driven applications its hard to beat , of course a full race motor may not get enough airflow , a fellow in Tassie is building a pretty serious engine with one installed so only time will tell.

Indeed a rerun would be excellent as any that appear for sale are very pricey indeed, the top section if simply reproduced would be great and a 302 w inlet and a 351c inlet would be popular for sure however on a cost per unit sold basis this probably would not make a good business decision .

i have read the post from the pic that was put up plenty of times

http://www.hax.se/efi/

the guy had a 351C and could not find a EFI setup for it so he used a windsor setup. if you notice the pic put up it has the thermostat on the manifold. read this post i linked might help with efi setups for clevos as he seemed to get it running well with a windsor setup and running a ECC4 ecu ( e series v8 ) ecu and looms

i have read the post from the pic that was put up plenty of times

http://www.hax.se/efi/

the guy had a 351C and could not find a EFI setup for it so he used a windsor setup. if you notice the pic put up it has the thermostat on the manifold. read this post i linked might help with efi setups for clevos as he seemed to get it running well with a windsor setup and running a ECC4 ecu ( e series v8 ) ecu and looms

Fair enough... Milling, porting and correcting bolt holes: that's a lot of trouble to go to, especially since they brought out a manifold for Clevos not long after that... That's gotta hurt  :(

lot of mucking around yes but nice to know it can be done especially with the easy ecu setup from a e series v8. i thought about it as i have a 302 windsor efi top end but its only the stock one so would just lose power over the carb setup. 

I could be wrong but the minor issue with the T3 manifold was that it restricted the airflow to cyl  1 and some air flow was a little different from left to right side of the motor due to the inlet location and air flow going over the top of the runners in a loop movement .It was a made for tick ford by Morrison motorsport , formerly in Lillydale Vic , now located in NZ , they did an excellent job on it and for street driven applications its hard to beat , of course a full race motor may not get enough airflow , a fellow in Tassie is building a pretty serious engine with one installed so only time will tell.

Indeed a rerun would be excellent as any that appear for sale are very pricey indeed, the top section if simply reproduced would be great and a 302 w inlet and a 351c inlet would be popular for sure however on a cost per unit sold basis this probably would not make a good business decision .

you are bang on.

the issue was the trumpet not having enough clearence to the plenum walls, it caused uneven air distribution. you will never see a re-run on the manifolds, ford made sure that would never happen (i still cant work that one out.... seems like a retarded decision financially)

yep manifold was designed by morrison motorsport, they even told tickford, "we have these flaws here here and here itll cost this much to fix it" penny pinchers said no. aparently they were going to put the improved version into production but werent sure it'd sell.

AnthonyP yeh trickflow released a clevo manifold not after that dude went through all the effort of making it work, would have been better off making his own base to match the box-r top half.

I'll be doing a efi conversion on my 351 Cleveland by the end of the year, just purchased Fast Ez efi 2.0 multiport system

Will be picking it up this week also bought there ignition and duel sync distributor And there 1375cfm throttle body to match and will be using 3v alloy heads with a funnel web manifold/chi design I'll have the bungs drilled out to match my injectors purchasing them from fast so it's all plug and play I'm thinking the 36pound will be enough

Bit of a revival on this old thread but seeing if there's been any more advances or people using the FAST kits or MSD atomic one's? is it worth the outlay in the end over say boost referenced carbs and all the additional parts and dyno time, or even if just on a n/a or nitrous setup

I would say in the long run, EFI will be cheaper and less hassle compared to pulling bowls off, spilling fuel everywhere, playing with jets, bleeds, pump squirters, cams, etc instead of a simple tweak of a knob or click of a mouse.

A good carby is worth the best part of a grand these days so you're already halfway there to going EFI.

Yeah my thoughts exactly in the long run with future upgrades and simplicity of the tuning being mostly self learning, less maintenance than a carby as well.

The 2.0 FAST kit with inline pump and everything included works out to be around the $4k not sure if they can be had any cheaper so I think I'll have to look at the costs of either sticking with carby or going efi in the long run

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a little pricey for basically an injected carby, even the msd atomic efi is 3k which is about the same as the smaller FAST kit

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I think they're catering to the restomod market, where old dudes with some money want to keep the original look of their muscle car engine and have a simple installation without too much dicking around and are willing to pay that much.