Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Low coolant warning

If there was a short it would stay on all the time. It comes on after about 10 seconds after start up. I can drive the car and switch the ignition off and turn back on so the engine keeps running and it will re-set and come back on 5 to 10 seconds later. It's got me fucked.

Earth the sender wire? Ie. Put sender wire on neg of battery. Same deal?

If this fixes it make sure your radiator is earthed. The radiators on our old falcons are insulated. You have to add an earth wire. There is a tab near the sender in the radiator. Put your earth piggyback here with a self tapper metal screw.

could come down to smartlock or computer system failure? i know sounds abit far but xg's have damn smartlock (fucksticklock) on them (currently dealing with the stupid system on my DC atm, never hated coloured wires SSSOOOOOO much!) but as long as level is right them yeah, prob take globe out and just regularly check water level.

If you wanted to fit a low water sender, where would you fit it? I added about a litre of coolant yesterday arvo. what level would you place the sender? 

In what? XF Ghia has it in the radiator tank below the cap. Anything OHC has it in the header tank. 

I reckon it should go off at about half that.