xr6tjet

XF ghia 1984/1985 Emissions Decal

Hey guys,

In the process of cleaning up the engine bay in my 1984 December/1985 January XF ghia. Wondering if anybody has the same car or a 1985 ZL Fairlane and can take a photo of the emissions decal for me as mine is really scratched and unreadable in some spots. I'd like to get it remade by graffix unlimited so I need a clear shot of the decal.

Cheers, Alex.

hey mate, i dont have a Xf so cant help ya but how much does this guy you speak of charge for stickers like this. im wanting to do up my engine bay on my FD EFi and FD 351 so i can take a few pics of the stickers before i do so, would be interested to know how much they cost

Wheres campo this is his kind of topic.
I got a 85 xf. would carby xf have the same emmisions sticker?
ill have to find some batteries for the camera. so might not be untill tomorrow untill i can get the pic. as i haven't got any batteries around. i might not be around tomorrow arvo. ill try to get a snap for ya in the morning.

Hey mate he probably already has those emissions decals on his website just google grafix unlimited and check his range. It needs to be a 1985 efi ghia or fairlane as carby emissions decals are different.

Nah won't do, I have a photo of a 1986 emissions decal and its different. I'm hopeful that I can find the right one otherwise I might have to assume what the missing writing is on my decal. 1985 XFs are unfortunately not very common these days :<

I can go look at a leaded model EFI ZL (I'm assuming that's the difference between 85 and 86, the change to leaded).

Might be a day or two though as the car is stored a distance away.

I can go look at a leaded model EFI ZL (I'm assuming that's the difference between 85 and 86, the change to leaded).

Might be a day or two though as the car is stored a distance away.

Hey man that would be awesome! I'm assuming if its a 1985 model it will have the same emissions decal on the drivers side gutter in the engine bay. Hopefully its readable unlike mine and then I can get grafix unlimited to make the emissions decal for public buying in the future.

Cheers, Alex.

Can't remember the exact year, but its definitely leaded.

I don't see why the decal would be any different, they all had the same motors.

They decal was different between 1985 and 1986 when they changed to unleaded motors. I have a photo of the unleaded one which is different from mine. Trying to chase up the one on my car which is silver as opposed to yellow on the 1986 and contains different writing.

They decal was different between 1985 and 1986 when they changed to unleaded motors. I have a photo of the unleaded one which is different from mine. Trying to chase up the one on my car which is silver as opposed to yellow on the 1986 and contains different writing.

Sorry, meant they wouldn't be different between all the leaded motors (84-mid86).

I know they're different between leaded and unleaded.

That's XE model EFI, because it mentions vacuum hose at dizzy. XF EFI was fully elec dizzy.

XF ones also mention the ISC.

Correct, that's the emission decal featured on my 1984 XE as well. They are different due to those changes. Otherwise I'd be following that. Thanks for the photo though mate!

I was going to say ive got a 85 ZL I can take a pic of, but Chris beat me to it :)

Hopefully its still readable!

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

I've got to go get a few bits from the Ghia that I want, was going to do it this week anyway!

Pretty sure its still fairly readable, the bonnet is still on it so its out of the weather.

I was going to say ive got a 85 ZL I can take a pic of, but Chris beat me to it :)

Hopefully its still readable!

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Hey mate if you can grab a photo too id appreciate it!

Haha oh, I understand you had my hopes up for a second that two people might have an emission decal for me haha :) thanks guys!

Not sure if this helps at all. Mine is an 85 FE but the sticker isn't in great shape. 5yqemedy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk