Jonathan Mark Davidson

Project Binky (awesome fab work)

this episode on wiring reminded Me of a ZJ fairlane i saw at all ford day once(probably around 1995?) it had an EB ish 5 litre installed, i suspect with the FULL EB Wiring additional to the ZJ fairlane wiring, was a big coil of wires just looped up in the engine bay as if they just used the ign key to start it and all other wires for the ZJ were original.. the rest of the E series stuff must have been buried somewhere.. 

i'd wondered about doing a conversion using full loom entirely(not sure if say a barra loom could work on XF for eg without air bags and abs.. but pretty much all the other junk could remain plugged in? .

Oh ffs... The lads at bad obsession have decided we need more detail... So they're doing episodes called 'Howie did it' and today's (or whenever it came out) is focused on how they manufactured the flex drive to work the ancillaries.

not sure they taking the piss or not haha

46 minutes ago, Defective said:

Oh ffs... The lads at bad obsession have decided we need more detail... So they're doing episodes called 'Howie did it' and today's (or whenever it came out) is focused on how they manufactured the flex drive to work the ancillaries.

not sure they taking the piss or not haha

i watched it while having breakfast, it's good meditation..

i don't understand why they didn't run a jack shaft and a belt. i think they chose that flex shaft just as an excuse to not finish the car too soon

happy new year

When they slapped the micra door pod up against the door skin and said ‘this is just about perfect’ did anyone else expect them to then say ‘so we’re not going to use it, we will make one’? Or was that just me haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Defective said:

did anyone else expect them to then say ‘so we’re not going to use it, we will make one’? Or was that just me haha

i'm still in shock.. if they didn't plan that to fit early on i am amazed they found one that works 

I’m amazed the roof bracket for the interior light was attached as simply as some panelbond....
Toning wrong with that, but it’s Binky. I expected a cad mock up to fill the hole while simultaneously providing a mounting tab for the light bracket or something.

This mini will be the heaviest proper mini in existence.

But how cool was the night driving sequence, bought back memories of my teenage years and the gravel roads around south Otago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah i was looking at the antenna mount thinking.. why didn't you weld it? i assume the antenna is going back in, maybe they want some thickness?(if so, why not steel still?)

the driving at night is awesome, i used to often do random night drives to destress/meditate. 

i liked the sump with removable windage tray and extended section added on. 

radiator outlet seemed a bit complex, i'm sure that could have been welded on?

radiator outlet seemed a bit complex, i'm sure that could have been welded on?

They said it had to be like that because the hard line had to hug the radiator, and if they didn’t have it bolt on they wouldn’t be able to get in behind it to weld it properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i thought they could have welded half the tube on, then run a bead down either sides of the other half long ways.. 

but. wouldn't be over complicated then..

Man, my ears were pounding after they were using the rattle gun on the chassis rail bolts, hate to think what it was actually like under there at the time.

(I had headphones on, and up loud while I was on the treadmill)