Sign in to follow this  
PRO250

Can you run a crossy cam in a pre engine?

Hey guys

One of my cortys has a 200 pre in it i want to keep it that way as it matching number engine, and its not a car i want to muck up, but i do want to do things you cant see like a 250 crank and rods and a cam

witch lead me to this. can you fit a crossy cam into a pre engine? im sure it fits but the rockers being 1.6 not 1.73 a crossy is will it work

the cam i have is a little 214 214 495 lift thing, i looked at lift in a pre and its 450 lift but other then that will it work and give good gains or shall i just buy a pre camshaft? 

No, because the order of the valves is different.

Crossflow valves go I(ntake)E(xhaust),IE,IE,IE,IE,IE.

Pre-Cross valves go EI,IE,IE,EI,EI,IE.

The cam does fit as far as i am aware, but obviously wont work.

Pre-crossies have a siamesed setup as described, not quite the same shitness as that of a Holden Red but definitely not great for performance. The log manifold is the biggest hindrance, hence the introduction of the 2V. So you can put whatever cam you want in it, the bottle neck is always there. Classic Inlines in the US has a wealth of info and lots if parts to make these things go, but be prepared to pay.

No, because the order of the valves is different.

Crossflow valves go I(ntake)E(xhaust),IE,IE,IE,IE,IE.

Pre-Cross valves go EI,IE,IE,EI,EI,IE.

The cam does fit as far as i am aware, but obviously wont work.

arr that i did not know good thing i did not just jam it in :D

Pre-crossies have a siamesed setup as described, not quite the same shitness as that of a Holden Red but definitely not great for performance. The log manifold is the biggest hindrance, hence the introduction of the 2V. So you can put whatever cam you want in it, the bottle neck is always there. Classic Inlines in the US has a wealth of info and lots if parts to make these things go, but be prepared to pay.

I know there land fill engines i dont know why people try to make them fast a stock crossy with a cam will arese hand most pre engines easy it just i dont want to muck this one up

The yanks can't believe how cool our alloy head cross flows are. They even think our 2Vs are rad. All they have ever had is the log manifold and the best you can do to them is mill off a section and adapt a 2-barrel.

The yanks can't believe how cool our alloy head cross flows are. They even think our 2Vs are rad. All they have ever had is the log manifold and the best you can do to them is mill off a section and adapt a 2-barrel.

We now have an alloy head based on the old 250 2V, but upgraded to flow better.

Here's a link:  http://www.classicinlines.com/alumoverview.asp

One guy is pulling over 200RWHP from a NA 200, and another over 400RWHP from a 16lb. boosted 250.

http://www.classicinlines.com/DynoRoom.asp