Defective

Hooker aero chambers? Who's using them?

Basically my wheezer is too quiet, I like its note it's just quiet.

I keep hearing how great hookers are (the exhaust type of hooker...) but what actually makes them good?

Are they louder than the average aftermarket muffler?

This is what I'm running at the moment. Seems too nice to cut up to swap mufflers but if it makes it sound better I'm all for it.

3c44bfc8304f0ba4794e68a6c4882d3d_zps2070

They sound awesome man. I've got 3inch offset areochamber with no cat on a 4.0, is too loud for the street, but it flows awesome and sounds tuff.

My ute althow not a wezzor

what makes them good is there mufflers for when you dont want mufflers. they flow good and keep the v8 bark and make it real deep

in saying that my old XR8 had a 4into one extractors hiflow cats and a 3 inch system and 1 muffler where the pipes came into a single pipe. it was v8ity at low engine speeds and not stupid loud. but on full song was meaty and a nice v8 bark you may just have to many mufflers, remove 2

th_20140213_202450_zps6aa3b948.jpg

Havn't heard em on the ute yet but there ready and waiting...centre-centre 2.5" x 2. 

20140406_170158_zps7f5f9a9d.jpg

But can I suggest you delete the mid mounted mufflers and leave the rear 1 and see if you like that first.My 5ltr Ay you is like that with only a rear mount with paceys and twin 2.25's into single 2.5" rear mount muffler.A bit louder than stock @ idle but not rude and the noise when you rev it is awesome...the performance is not so though :(

Havn't heard em on the ute yet but there ready and waiting...centre-centre 2.5" x 2.

[url=http://s286.photobucket.com/user/foopy-bucket/media/20140406_170158_zps7f5f9a9d.jpg.html]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/foopy-bucket/20140406_170158_zps7f5f9a9dl]

But can I suggest you delete the mid mounted mufflers and leave the rear 1 and see if you like that first.My 5ltr Ay you is like that with only a rear mount with paceys and twin 2.25's into single 2.5" rear mount muffler.A bit louder than stock @ idle but not rude and the noise when you rev it is awesome...the performance is not so though :(

I was thinking delete the front mufflers, but was worried they would be too loud, or drone.

Original plan was replace the front with hookers, and delete the rear, or replace the rear with a hot dog style one.

Do you think you lost performance when you deleted the front? Or it was always not so flash performance wise?

Stock 5ltr is NEVER to be considered fast...LOL My stock NAT ASP FG XR6 rapes it's ass.A combined muffler will always be deeper and take some bark or note out of system.Performance wise the further back the muffler is the better for performance...not so noise,but you want some volume so would be good for you.I'd would just the delete the front mufflers...it won't be that much louder IMO but the note and DB @ RPM will be real good.

If I remember I'll get some vid of my Ay you tomorrow arvo @ idle and @ revs as it has a pretty good note when you rev it...like most Weezors anyway but this 1 has a nice bark to it for a stock engine bar pipes and extractors. 

Lol stock na fg xr6s rape a lot of things, 5.slo's aren't alone there.

But I get what you mean, I just don't want to go backwards in performance for the sake of noise.

It's one thing the Holden v8 seems to always have is that deep rumble as they cruise past, even when they're not loud the sound just seems to cover everything else.

I've found that the closer to the engine you mount the mufflers, the higher the resonant rpm of the system. Mounting them before the axle with nothing but pipe to the back will give you more gurgle/rasp. Mounting them after the axle gives more boom. Of course using a combo of both will cut noise in either range, which is the aim of most OEM designs. I personally prefer forward-mounted cans with straight pipes to the tips for a nice muscle-car gurgle

Don't get me wrong, rumble is nice and gets your attention, but some also like to not shit off their neighbours at 6:30 every morning going to work. On a weekend cruiser or a race car like yours Slydog, it's fine.

Rear-mounted mufflers can be horribly boomy but one way to kill a bit of that is to not have the tip joined straight to the muffler but have 12-18" of pipe in between and also make sure the tip clears the edge of the bodywork.

Btw I've driven an FG XR6 and they're truly an awesome car. Handling is sublime and the 6-speed auto had heaps of punch... And I don't like slushers. Nice exhaust note too. I think they delete a resonator or something to give it a bit of character.

My brothers XE Wagon, My XF ute both have Hooker areochambers and My XE V8 ute is getting a pair fitted on friday,

I like them for the deep note they have, and they have a nice thick outer case compared to most other mufflers,

I like the sound of the weezer in this vid.

It proves that the can sound truely awesome.

Go to 4.30min mark.

That deep thump/rumble, is almost identical to what my stock 3.5ltr Rangie has,

with it's single system Lukey Turbo chambered muffler.

They get a real rasp/reverse flow sound, around 4k.

my ute is the last one, 2'5" with extractors and metal core cat with a 3" super cat resonator on a stock 4.0

au 5.0 with paceys hi flow cats twin 2.5" no balance pipe, ported heads and intake crow cam, can't remember the specs but it was somewhere around 225@ .050 and .566" lift on 110Lsa with 1.7 roller rockers, was quite a few years ago and that's one of 3 cams my mates had in it at on point, so could be all ballsed up in the cam specs

MMMM angry crossy, need longer vid Rob.

My XE V8 ute now has a 2.5" twin system with Aerochambers, I'd up load a video of it but my internet is being gay.

& XF ute now has one, but I need to fit extractors & hi flow cat as factory manifold and tiny 2" cat quieten it down to much

plus the sized bearing in the viscous fan doesn't help.

MMMM angry crossy, need longer vid Rob.

My XE V8 ute now has a 2.5" twin system with Aerochambers, I'd up load a video of it but my internet is being gay.

& XF ute now has one, but I need to fit extractors & hi flow cat as factory manifold and tiny 2" cat quieten it down to much

plus the sized bearing in the viscous fan doesn't help.

All I can hear around the car is induction noise from the Webers.The pipes sound exactly how I planned they would which is a bonus ATM.Ever since I heard GM's Xacuter in the flesh I had to have a set of Aero chambers.

We will get to hear your ute @ Heathcote though won't we?