Sign in to follow this  
XFute-1JZsoarer

XG falcon wiring diagram

Just swap them all. Rip them all out of the XF and throw them in the bin. Take them all from the XG labeling as you go and fit them all to the XF.

Look at it this way; strip the XF shell and reshell the XG into it. Just fit everything. You will need to anyway for it all to work.

The EA-ED factory manual works fine....use the EB2 (smartlock) wiring diagram. I've got the factory manual for the XG - it's referred to as a "supplement" and isn't as helpful as you might expect. It has some wiring diagrams...but not the full suite - hence being referred to as a "supplement"  I found I used the EA-ED manual more useful when installing the XG harnesses into my XF. You're welcome to buy my XG manual if you like....

Some handy info there mate, really appreciate it.

How much you want for it Gav?

Cheers mate.

Jay.

You can have it for $40. I'm in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Make sure you use the XG dash assy. because it contains a lot of the necessary wiring (and the cursed smartlock module). Save for the instruments, is visibly very similar to the XF one. It's actually quite easy to remove and install the whole thing - I did it by myself but it's easier with a friend. As a side note...smartlock can be a PITA...I bypassed it with a module ($125) and haven't had a problem since.

Tip....none of the wiring harness is visible from the engine bay along the firewall as it is in E-series....it's all contained within the dash assembly inside the car. It has two "arms" if you like. One extends from the passenger side of the firewall from the ECU to supply the left headlight, ignition system etc. The other from the driver's side of the firewall to the battery, right headlight, alternator etc. A small portion of the harness travels under the radiator support panel and joins the left side with the right side. The loom holes in the firewall (and the harness grommets that seal them off) are the same for an XF with EST as they are for an XG. I think the one on the ECU side is smaller in earlier XFs without EST owing to a less bulky wiring harness - which may be a bitch if your XF is an older one....

Cheers 78xcgxl, I got the laying out part sorted, just wanted to hide most of it where possible.

Gav, your a deadset legend mate!

That's exactly the sort of info I'm after bud, thank you very much!

That module, where did you get it mate? I think I'd rather do that.

Does that mean I could use the XF's ignition with it or would I still need to use the XG's one?

It's a shame the XG dash is cracked (the XF's is good), I'm going to need to put a dash mat over it or something for now.

I just want to get it all in and running, then I think I'll change the dash and cluster for a better one...

Cracked open the manual XG ECU, as it is little corroded on the casing, doesn't look to bad inside...

image_zps233f78b3.jpg

Doesn't appear to go all the way down to the board though, so it's not looking too bad now.

image_zpsf136832d.jpg

Is it possible to change the casing with another similar ECU (EB 3.9L) because they look similar?

(EB auto on the left XG manual on the right)

image_zps82961f97.jpg

And I found my EA-ED manual too, so that was a bonus!

After a bit of thought, I've decided that I'm going to order a J3 chip to get around the whole smartlock hassles.

And the key I was given doesn't work in the barrel, so I might find another key and barrel from the wreckers.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how it's installed, and do I just leave the smartlock plugged in, or can it be removed from the dash completely?

Thanks again in advanced.

Jay

There's a port on the ecu that can be found at the opposite end to the large connector  - the one plugs into the vehicle's harness. You can see it on the PCB (on the left hand side) of the first image you posted under post #19. The J3 chip plugs in there and overrides the programming native to the ECU module. It piggy backs onto the ECU module. You need to clean this port well prior to plugging in the J3 chip. Otherwise, poor electrical contact between the ECU module and the J3 chip may result and you end up with problems.

Check :

http://www.tiperformance.com.au/

for fitting details and other good info.

Started sorting through the looms today, worked out what is what, and roughly where it belongs. Couple of wires appear to have been cut, and I've found what looks to be a 8 pin plug that's been smashed into 4 pins, so there's a little bit of work ahead...

Front section

image_zpsbb835ebb.jpg

Rear section

image_zps4c33d42c.jpg

Better front pic

image_zpsfa36b410.jpg