Sign in to follow this  
bigpaulo

Professional respray

Has anyone had any experience with having their interior parts recoloured? I want to bring my original tanbark trim back to mint condition as some of it has faded and discoloured over time.

How close to original can they get the colour match, as some of my parts are still in good nick, if I dont have to spray em to fit in with the fresh parts it would save me a buck.

If anyone could recommend any businesses around melbourne that do that sort of thing im all ears.

Cheers!

I actually did this myself. I got a paint shop to mix up some paint that was colour matched from the door armrest. They didn't get the colour match perfect but they got it close enough, which was good enough for me as I painted all of the interior plastics. 

It cost around $100 all up from a place called Haymans in Portland Vic. 

The parts have actually come up really good and it even hardened up the parcel shelf seat belt covers that were turning to dust.

Im pretty certain it is enamel, the can says 1K FILLCLEAN System.

The undercoat was K&H Plasti-Prime. I am pretty certain this isn't in stores any more but Im sure there are other brands that doi the same thing

So it comes in a pressure pack? Thats handy, ill have to look into that. I sprayed some of my interior parts black years ago, wasnt too happy with the results...could have been a combination of the paint I was using and my technique haha.

Do you have any pics of your sprayed parts?