Campo

Late model diff into XF?

Hi all,

Am going to put a e series lsd into my xf, just wondering whats involved in making it fit? Have to put an ef bush in the diff end of the lower trailing arm? What about the brakes/handbrake? And does an EF sedan tailshaft go straight in?

Thanks

If you've got an ef diff youll have to do some modifying to accompany the ef/el handbrake to suit the x-series, ea-ed handbrake style. Cant remember, but I think its like adding brackets or something on the diff or car.

Easier if you have an eb-ed diff as you just use the rear section of the handbrake from an eb/ed.

Tailshaft goes straight in.

I out one out of an DC LTD apparently. I was under the impression that i would have to change the lower rear trailing arm bushes too, but I didnt have to? Just compare the spacing on the E series differential you are using to your old one. Upper bushes should be exactly the same.

The tailshaft is different to the XF one, as the XF one has a yoke style pinion while the E series one I used had a flange style attachment on the pinion. The E series tailshaft I used slipped straight in to the T5, not sure about other transmissions or whather you need a specific one for auto or manual.

Use the rear section of the handbrake cable out of an E series (which is a 2 piece) and use the current XF front section with the adjuster.

You need an adapter to attach the E series body-differential brake hose to the current XF hard line on the body. Brake calipers rotors and pads are different from the XF so you cant transfer them over.

The watts link will fit straight back on.

Cool thanks mate i'll check regarding the bushes. I think ea/eb/ed are the same as xf bushes and then ef/el went to the different one

Any idea where i get the adapter for brake lines?

um ive got an ef diff under my xe ,and the bushes in the diff are heaps wider then the xe,f arms ,so what i did was get ef bushes ,and repco lower arms and cut the rear bush of and had the engineering shop weld on wider steel round to take the ef,l bush,