Thom

Thom's old car thread and car happenings

777 posts in this topic

Heres a few quick photoshops. 

colour matched to the roof 

38502061875_592b4b2eed_o.jpgwhite wheels by infiniti photography by j hill, on Flickr

colour matched to the rust 

27602796549_cacc340b80_o.jpge86c5351247d064233375424f664e377 by infiniti photography by j hill, on Flickr

and one just for fun haha 

25510163368_b6eb9d5e06_o.jpgratty by infiniti photography by j hill, on Flickr

2redrovers, Valvebouncer and Thom like this

40 minutes ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

The wheels are too big, I reckon.
I would try 13's with body colour, or antique white, along with the small dog dish hub caps.

13s don't go over later discs (on the front of this)
i saw an XM a couple of weeks back with XA drums on front and probably centura diff with 13" ute (5 stud) wheels and the XP style caps.. 

customline hubcaps.. (from an XM wagon thread i follow on AFF, has a lexus engine and project binky style mods everywhere) https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344115&page=16

w6KkHTx.jpg

NYE, must've been the day for e-series V8 wagons... I was working on mine too!
Doing some cooling system maintenance.

Speaking of which - I see you have the spring tension type clamps, on the upper radiator hose.
Did you fit them, or were they always there?

I know EA-ED and early XG's had those spring clamps factory fitted on the upper hose, but not the lower hose.

And all e-series had the spring tension clamps on the header tank hoses,
along with SOME of the heater hose connections (heater tap, and firewall connections).

Valvebouncer likes this

cool, another project ahead of the cusso?
plan is to re register the wagon and get rid of the ba xr8 while it's still worth something then throw the money towards the cuzzo
Speaking of which - I see you have the spring tension type clamps, on the upper radiator hose.
I know EA-ED and early XG's had those spring clamps factory fitted on the upper hose, but not the lower hose.
along with SOME of the heater hose connections (heater tap, and firewall connections).
Its always had them as long as ive had it and every radiator and heater hose had them when i got it
deankdx likes this

23 minutes ago, Thom said:

Its always had them as long as ive had it and every radiator and heater hose had them when i got it

What about the lower hose, and that in-between stainless steel pipe section?
Do you have a pic of that setup?

My wagon is a late 97 build.
What's your one?

What about the lower hose, and that in-between stainless steel pipe section?
Do you have a pic of that setup?
My wagon is a late 97 build.
What's your one?
It has hose clamps now on the bottom hose I changed it a few years ago but it did have the spring style clamps mine is a late 96 build gli option 20

Far out Dave!
There is a name for people like you - concours judge!
2redrovers and SPArKy_Dave like this

Spent some time this morning tidying up some wiring, mounted the fan switch, replaced the throttle cable and gave the car a good clean out here a little vid I made the other day

bear351c, XPT and deankdx like this

Spent to day playing with a mustang, it's a 2011 5.0 gt convertible, it was written off in the US when it stopped quicker than the escalade that was behind it, so it was stripped of the panels and interior that wasn't needed and that stuff was sold off. Then it got cut in half and thrown into a container it arrived at the start if this week and we set both halves up so that I could go though the wiring and make it run before we tear it apart to put the running gear in mum's cuzzo wagon

And here's a little video

690a45cc5466ab17b7d30ec2d27ca118.jpgd56fb44a76129ac208a354ba99dd0766.jpg37e6f3a3a8e39c59a72cf8331b8a77c7.jpg36e038b3f995c8d69d4a1c10634bcbfc.jpg
scottly, gerg, EgoXF and 2 others like this