Thom

Thom's old car thread and car happenings

777 posts in this topic

This is my cuzzo i bought a couple of years ago from my mother currently running a 351, c10 & 9" at the moment i am undergoing a resto after a drunk in a vn tried to shorten it ill post up more pics star but these are just some i have on my phone at the moment.

post-43-13635134575821_thumb.jpg

post-43-13635134939891_thumb.jpg

post-43-13635135310564_thumb.jpg

Outback Jack likes this

That looks tough Thom!! I can't see any damage in the pics though, but i doubt a VN would make much damage to a Customline of all things, damn tough those things!!  :)

Just ro try to get things closer to up to date, here one of my lightning engine rebuilds just so i could go to heathcote for a drag day

This is a 351 i traded a smashed nc fairlaine for and later that night after i picked it up ( this was a wednesday and the cuzzo was entered at heathcote the up coming Saturday )

7yqumata.jpg

apura8e9.jpg

This was the Thursday nights effort after having the block and heads in the hot tank and assembly began

ryvy3u2u.jpg

9ynapyhe.jpg

mu3yqyjy.jpg

Then came Friday to finish it off and install it and when run the cam in ( my neighbours loved it at 11:30pm)

a8u6avuv.jpg

me9ypaju.jpg

uzeda4ys.jpg

yjeseset.jpg

So i made it to heathcote and ran 13.44 at 98 mph not bad for an engine built out of stuff i had hanging around and that's the engine still in this car today, and that was around August 2011 when i built it

Something actually happened this weekend, while my old man was i Sydney i pushed the cusso in the shed, it got so scared it literally started falling to pieces

aqe7enap.jpg

uqaduzys.jpg

quryzuzy.jpg

usybe3y6.jpg

y4upu9en.jpg

uzygesem.jpg

Couple of random interior shots

5y7azuhu.jpg

ymuve7ag.jpg

Just when i was making progress the clutch whit itself in my XE so i lost a days work on the cusso but ill get back into it asap

Filters are the hard part trying to work something out without changing the look, the best I've come up with is to sandwich a filter between the bottom of the trumpets and the tops of the throttle bodies

Did some work on the bonnet with my old man today, removed the rear brace for repair then started heat shrinking some low spots in the bonnet after attacking it with paint stripper<br />utejubu9.jpg<br />e4uvedy6.jpg<br />seqyheqy.jpg<br />udytasat.jpg