Server maintenance Read more... ×
Clevo120Y

Street Stock Speedway

Tell wombat he needs to soften (and lower) the back of his car.  I can see that just from that photo.  Compare the attitude of his car to the other two in the photo.  That tells me that the car is pushing because that left rear tyre has way too much drive.  Perhaps a standard spring (that has seen lots of use or heavy towing) in the rear but be careful cutting them as this increases the stiffness of the spring no end. 

I could also just be that he stuffed the corner entry creating the push but to me the rear still needs to come down to earth by a good 2"s. 

Yeah mate I'm good thanks, pulled up from the first surgery sweet and can't wait for the next one. should be good by early next year.

Ando he probably stuffed the corner hahahaha, nah it does need to be softer I think, it doesn't squat like the other cars on the track.

Wombat had a terrible weekend in Barker, put it into the wall in heat 2 so a DNF there and had to replace the lower control arm, heat 3 was going good in 3rd then the diff caught fire because the backing plate had broken and all the oil had drained out and the diff shit itself so another DNF and onto the trailer for the rest of the day. So a 2.92 is being built this week and a change to the bigger water pump pulley and race again this weekend in Albany.

At the moment the workshop is getting a makeover for the relaunch of "Stumpers Heads & Manifolds" early next year. Something had to go to make room so the XD wagon got the chop for now, it's out at Wombats property, new shelving going up, some new tools on the way and some mould making gear to make carby tops that will be dyno tested and developed for sale later, hopefully a big year coming up.

Also the production XF that I did the head, manifold and carb for last year will have it's first run this weekend so I'm excited to see how that goes as well, this XF has been a back of the field car for years so let's see if we can get it up near the front.

Soon as I can afford a decent head etc, or at least one not as ugly as the one on me neck.... I'll be down to get you to start on a good flowed set up and headers for me 4L stumpers. Be either an Xr6 set up in SOHC, or maybe if I get nuts, might be a Barra twinny.

Take care mate and best of luck with ya new venture, should be Proud.

Jack.

Just read the whole thread. Wow! Inspirational!! Apparantly Santucione from Ford (back in the day) said the 4.1 was a torque motor, not a high rev horsepower motor. Not that they cant rev, just no point, just moving the torque peak up the rev range for not much gain.

And you've proved it, you've used the torque, flogging them with an old tractor engine...!!!

Man that must grate on the rest of the field..

Love to meet some of you guys.

More power to you!

That's cause you put the effort in Sean and have built a weapon.  When he gets in on the scales and does a bit more fine tuning on the handling it will be untouchable. 

Oh and don't call them a tractor engine vanJack - every time you do that  - an angel dies - or some bad shit happens. lol. 

Just read the whole thread. Wow! Inspirational!! Apparantly Santucione from Ford (back in the day) said the 4.1 was a torque motor, not a high rev horsepower motor. Not that they cant rev, just no point, just moving the torque peak up the rev range for not much gain.

And you've proved it, you've used the torque, flogging them with an old tractor engine...!!!

Man that must grate on the rest of the field..

Love to meet some of you guys.

More power to you!

Mossy revs his to 7500 and runs 120mph...guess they can rev

On a better note the production XF went well for a first untuned run, it was the southern production series round so the states best came out to play, even tho the car ran middle to back of the pack it finished on the lead lap every race and it's lap times and top speed were competitive. Wolfy is the old boy driving it and he had a blast, he thinks it's fast and with more seat time should be right up there, he hasn't raced for a couple of seasons now so he will get better and he has never had a car this fast before either so looking good when I get some tuning time into it.

Well had a meet at Albany speedway last night and what a meet it was, nothing special in regards to wombat, the car ran well and was on pace. Carnage between every street stock racer was the call for the evening haha drivers getting relegated positions everywhere and drivers ramming into each other after the races and then mouthing off at each other in the pits

Hard to tell mate, the track was fast and the racing aggressive/messy. When you look at my laps the street stocks are lapping faster than the production cars, there are 6 driver/car combinations here in Albany that are top 10 state competitors so we are still slightly behind them but not being left behind either, sometimes I get frustrated but then I have to remind myself that we are racing the best down here meet after meet so at least we know how we are really going.

Yeah you get nights like that - everyone wants to be 'the man'.  That's how is was the first meeting up here last year when I got fenced, which wrote off the car.  Dead set you think they are racing for sheep stations some times. 

Ok well with some more seat time I'm sure Wombat will feel the difference in the car.  Good luck.