Clevo120Y

Street Stock Speedway

Well after a great result on the weekend everything has turned to shit, discovered that the rear main had shit itself leading to low oil level which lead to low oil pressure spikes, this scored the big end bearings. Pulled motor yesterday and got everything ready to reassemble today, under pressure to be finished and going today as I have surgery tomorrow morning, then a piston and rod jumped off the bench and put a crack in it.... FUCK!!!! So now I have to wait for a new piston and hopefully I will be up to it next week to finish it. Also massive thanks to Ando for his help again with the oiling system and general advice, your a champ cheers.

Had the first surgery last week and I'm back up and about already so happy with that haha.

Anyway back to speedway, race again this weekend so see how we go. Everyone look up "wombat speedway" on Facebook for me and start getting him to post up some shit, not much activity on the page but if people seem keen to see what's going on he will start posting regularly. Cheers guys :)

Hey Stumpers =) , Good to see ya fighting fit mate. Was wondering how ya was going under the knife.

Wives can be hard on blokes these days..... Castration for spending too much time in the shed with the cars.... Geebus.....Hard woman.

This man is truely dedicated to his cars.

Jack.

We'll we had a mixed night last night, on my side it was all great news, the engine performed strong all night and no leaks :) fuel mixtures are spot on now and oil pressure is good, still a little warm at 215f but not too bad.

First heat was good, started in last position out of about 12 cars and powered through to finish 4th and right up the front runners arses. Second heat some big ruts in the track caught wombat by surprise and spat him towards the wall a couple of times and finished 6th. Heat 3 and the final were both average, wombat himself admits that he didn't drive we'll at all plus in the final rear tyre pressure was way too high so wheel spin was terrible, the car was noticeably slower because of this and was well off the pace.

So average night but you have meets like that, barker street stock feature in a fortnight so see how we go, the engine tune is now pretty spot on so now just car setup.

Nice - good to see the oil pressure improvement.  Be tough to keep the pressure up with oil temps like that but I would not be concerned as long as the pressure stayed about 50psi at full noise with that oil temp you should be fine.  It just shows that the oil is leaking out fast just to being thin.  With the stock sump rule it is a bit hard.  I have seen 86da sumps that look to have more capacity than earlier 78 to 84da block sumps.  Don't know if this is just my imagination.  Hmmm I have a couple here if I get time this week I'll check.

good stuff - chase that set up and tell wombat to get that bloody car to the scales and call me when its on there.  Only way to go forward now - good set up and balls to the wall driving.  great stuff

Yeah she starts at 70psi cold and drops to 45psi at full noise for the last couple of laps, back in the pits after a race she is 25psi hot idle, the water temp recovers quite quickly once at idle, a bigger radiator is going to be installed but I personally think we need to slow the water pump down with a bigger pulley for full noise racing, give the coolant more time to do it's job and stop any cavitation at constant high rpm.

Yeah I use a pre-crossflow 250 water pump pulley - think it is the same as clevo.  slows the pump down.

Yeah hot oil pressure is related to the oil temp and caused by the stupid sump rule IMHO.  If I get 5 minutes

this weekend I'll check the 86da sump volume for you.

That is gold.  running up on the boards - passes on the high line with a bit of a bump as he goes by - gives the wall a love tap the next lap and then continues up on the high line and takes the win.  Great stuff. 

You guys aren't allowed to run steering quickener's either by the looks of how busy he is on the wheel.  Great stuff once again.  Car sounds super strong and every time I watch in-car speedway footage I get a step closer to building a new race car.  lol. 

All stock steering mate, the car is totalled by the way he drives lol, it's funny because this car rolls out onto the track that looks like it's just been pulled out of the tip and then proceeds to kick arse hahaha. A few old blokes that were at that meet told me that the bar erupted when he won, they loved seeing the old girl up and about, a lot of them are older drivers that used to race XF's when they were younger.

Gavin Fletcher won the Qld title in an XF this year and by a bloody big margin.  They still are a sweet ride in this application with torque powering them to punch well above their weight.  Oh and up until recently Fletch was lucky to have a panel left on the car at the end of the meeting and it always looked very tired at the start of the meeting - a wise man once said - they all look good with the checker.....

Dont miss the days of pre steering quickener made for some tricky situations when the helmet clogged up mid corner.

Electric pump out of the question n just cut the belt?

The bloke he beat in that race is a genuine state title contender, last state titles he was cleaning up until he rolled it in the 3rd heat ending his campaign. So to keep up with him all day and then beat him was a great feeling and also a guide that we are going in the right direction.