302God

Place to get leaf springs reset

... or just flip them yourself for free.

Remove the bottom leaf, flip it over, put it on top, squash it down in a vice or with 'G' clamps and muscle, fit a NEW high tensile bolt, and chuck them back in. You'll be around 2" - 3" lower. It's the cheap ass way to do it. (but be bloody careful, it can be very dangerous if the spring lets go whilst under that much tension.)

DSCF2648.jpg

This is a 3" lowering block.

DSCF2649.jpg

I know you were asking where you can get it done, but just thought i'd give another option if you didn't know of this method.

I took my leafs to Simon at pedders in Frankston. Seriously one of the best blokes to deal with.

Told him what I wanted and left my leafs with him. He ended up using BA leafs and I got my originals back. Mind you, cost less then a slab of premo bourbon's..

Couldn't recommend them enough really..

ydevysur.jpg

go to repco ,buy yourself some super low leaf springs from king springs ,yes they do leaf springs as well about $300 a set ,an chuck those blocks in the recycle bin

That's where i got mine from for our BA wagon, they were more like $450 a pair. I bought superlows that are perfect height i reckon. I wanted to be a bit lower than the standard lowered springs, but didn't want to go as low as the ultra lows because we tow. But i think it's great that they give you 3 different height options.

F6fronybumperdamage004-2.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread fellas but does anyone know if xh ute springs are prone to sagging? I took standard springs out of my xf ute and put in xh 1tonne springs with extra leaves in them. I was hoping to be able to carry more weight in my ute but the xh springs sit lower empty than my xf ones did. At least 40mm I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be cool, I should have the XD on the road in a couple of months and a drive to taupo would be a good run in excuse for a beer etc.