xfish

BA/BF seat into XF ( the easy way )

Hi Oz Falcon

It seems Xfalcon has blown up all been sucked into a black hole , and thought i'd repost here....

I found a nice and easy way of adapting a BA/BF seat into a XF falcon without much issue. No need of brackets or welding needed. Firstly you'll need an original XF LTD electric seat base. You'll note when you dissasemble the BA/BF seat, the rear seat bolts line up perfectly with the rear bolt holes of the XF LTD electric seat base.  They'll need a small angle grinder love, and they mount perfect, But at the front you'll need to drill a hole ( to mount the front bolts of the BA/BF seat)through the runner of the LTD base ( at the front ), and this will make you loose about an inch and a bit of travel at the front.( you'll need to preform some hard love surgery with angle grinder at the front , but nothing too major.....I didnt bother worrying about the lift or tilts mechanics of the electric base and cut them out. , ( cutting the lift/tilt is a major angle grinder cut job, but still ptretty straight forward.) But i prefered the seat sitting as low as it could go due to height issue, but when mounted, it sits lower than the regular XF seat.If you wanted to get them to work, it's quite a possiblity. I had a quick play with hieght/tilt motors, and at it's lowest, it still seemed to high when mounted.  I wired the front motor which tracks the seat forward/back to a rocker switch on my NL fairlaine middle console., and works perfectly.

Check the vids.