Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
falcon250

Xe Fuel sender

G'day all,

I need to replace my fuel sender unit the stuffed one I have is coded 82da-9275-aa the unit I got from a mate is coded 78da-9275-cd would these be interchangeable?

Cheers,

falcon250.

They're the same.

The "stuffed" one is an XE part number and the one you got from a mate is an XD part number.

Both XD and XE senders are the same and have the same parameters, except for EFI cars.

The link above from agentkiwi is worthwhile... I would try to clean the original one up first, it usually fixes them.

They are not the same.

XD sedan senders are longer then XE/XF senders.

XD-XF Wagon are the same length but are different as far as pickups and breathers are concerned.

XD-XF Ute, Van are the same length but are also different as far as pickups and breathers are concerned.

I copied this from the fuel tank thread:

These are the measurments for the senders:

XD Sedan = 270mm

XE-XF Sedan Carby = 195mm

XE-XF Sedan EFI = 200mm

XD-XF Wagon = 140mm

XD-XF Ute/Van = 210mm

XE-XF Sedan Carb has the same mounting as XD-XF Ute/Van/Wagon and XD Sedan.

XE-XF EFI senders have a different mounting setup where they use 5 studs coming out of the Fuel pump unit, the sender bolts to the fuel pmp unit with these studs.

G'day again All,

Well I've finally fixed this dodgy fuel sender thank god! I followed agentkiwi's link and it worked a treat, attached are some pics of what I encountered.

post-1130-0-05998900-1394504839_thumb.jpg               post-1130-0-82087700-1394504858_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, I would have been stuffed without them!

Cheers,

Falcon250.

Yours started off clean compared to mine.

LOL yours must have been absolutely shagged! Such an easy problem to fix when you get great posts like this to follow!

Um no. I drove it from anakie to home 80km and have only done about 10km since then.

Ran out of fuel(or so I thought) but only took $50 to fill. Got home and got club reg after fixing a few things. Drove kids to school and it ran out again ( or so I thought) 10lt in drove it home. Changed motor and then I tried draining tank (syphon) got 5lt out. Removed tank dropped it spilt 5-10lt cleaned that up. Drained 15more lt of brown fuel. Rest was like mud and goo in tank. In tank filter fell apart trying to clean it.

State fuel and rust. That was the filter after I scrubbed out tank.

New clean tank now 35lt and clean fuel lines and carb. Clean tank sender. Just need payday to fill jerry can again lol. I cleand can with metho already lol.

On this topic, anyone notice that these senders read different fuels at very different levels? I normally run E10 and the gauge is quite accurate, but this last tank I scored 95 at E10 price so glug-glug, gun clicked off twice so she was chockers, and then away I go driving with the gauge only showing about 80%. I noticed this with 98 too. Seems to read around 1/3 less the whole tank. Is there something screwy going on with the way these gauges sense the fuel?

Read the opening text in the thread posted above on repairing the probes. It will explain their operation.

Do not mistake, Running ethanol fuel WILL IN ALL CASES affect the sensing probe, It wont happen in 1 tank but it will eventually fk it. If you have been running e10, then that is most likely the reason for the inaccurate fuel level readings.

Read the opening text in the thread posted above on repairing the probes. It will explain their operation.

Do not mistake, Running ethanol fuel WILL IN ALL CASES affect the sensing probe, It wont happen in 1 tank but it will eventually fk it. If you have been running e10, then that is most likely the reason for the inaccurate fuel level readings.

Great write-up mate, but my problem seems to have the opposite effect to what you described there. E10 appears to be consumed at a reasonably linear rate on the gauge and uses the full sweep of the needle, full to empty. 95 and 98 however are a different story. After filling to the same level from the bowser, the premium fuels show less on the gauge and seem to move down more quickly. Could this be a corroded unit giving a reduced capacitance reading from a higher resistance?