Damien Brazendale

AU starter in cleveland

I've fitted a cross-flow starter to mine, there's a write up here on how I did it: http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38734-6-cyl-crossy-starter-to-clevo-any-issues/?fromsearch=1<br /><br />You'll either need to drill both bolt holes out to 3/8" and use a through-bolt and nut on the top one, or drill just the bottom one and tap out the top one to 3/8" UNC to take the standard Clevo arrangement.

On 3/6/2014 at 9:33 PM, Jonathan Mark Davidson said:

the blue is where the original part of the started was

starter%20mod.jpg?psid=1

Just bought one for my Clevo, gonna get busy with the Dremel........  Half the size, half the weight, solenoid down around 8 o'clock, what's not to like..?

Just bought one for my Clevo, gonna get busy with the Dremel........  Half the size, half the weight, solenoid down around 8 o'clock, what's not to like..?

We had quite a few failures from BA ones, but they got worked hard. They mostly let go in the solenoid.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

We had quite a few failures from BA ones, but they got worked hard. They mostly let go in the solenoid.

I’ve been to heaps of territories and falcons around 2006 models, they must have had a batch of duds, no click, nothing. Just dead in the water. All others seem fairly strong though except for lpg powered ba onwards that are cranked too long on start up.

I’ve been to heaps of territories and falcons around 2006 models, they must have had a batch of duds, no click, nothing. Just dead in the water. All others seem fairly strong though except for lpg powered ba onwards that are cranked too long on start up.

Yeah that's probably about the era that we had, mostly one-tonners in our fleet: BA to BF. We stopped buying at FG. Same thing, turn the key, nobody home. I remember collecting the old starters for "Spares" lol, but all of them had the same problem: solenoid went open circuit.

Shit job changing them too. That top bolt is a bitch. I got a long extension through from the front of the engine.