Sign in to follow this  
bigpaulo

charcoal canister

Years ago I changed my carby from the weber to a holley. There was a hose that ran from the weber to the charcoal canister. Since I changed this hose has just been hanging loose, as there was nowhere to attach it to the holley. Should I connect this hose to anything, say, T it into an existing vac line? The other two lines off the canister are all still connected, one coming from the fuel tank, the other going towards the pcv valve.

Cheers

Teeing off with something else won't work as that something else will lose vacuum through the canister. I had this problem with the supply to the heater controls being teed off the canister purge line and lost all operation of them. They need separate supplies. You should have some vacuum trees from your manifold to go off, or your PVC line. That's assuming you have a stocker. Otherwise, drill, tap and install an extra barb to suit.

Ah right cheers gerg. I actually did tee it just to see what would happen, this would explain why my heater controls arent working...

I used to have it blocked off and hidden, but I thought that perhaps that was the cause of pressure build up in my fuel tank.

I'll start bay saying, Charcoal cans where installed on cars as not only as a pollution control but also to prevent the buildup of explosive fuel gas under pressure in the fuel tank. As in, to stop YOU from catching on fire.

I'll finish by saying i disconnected mine about 10 years ago when i didn't know any better. And have not blown up yet...