MNTL.XD

MENTAL XD - The build.

1,334 posts in this topic

Yeah mate, 22s. It came with the g6et wheels too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What does it drive like on the big rims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does it drive like on the big rims?

Not nearly as bad as i thought it would be, or others i've experienced, but the coilovers might make it feel different too. Very responsive.

I’ve been in an Xf that had 20s on the front and 22 tears and that was horrible haha. Always wonders how more modern suspension would handle.
Heaps of commodores running 22s now

They are both sweet looking rides Paul, 22” rims look great mate. FINALLY a bloke with a modern car with some shine on his wheels instead of being a sheep and having black rims. Did I ever say I’m not a fan of black rims

Mr Polson and Valvebouncer like this

1 hour ago, Ando81 said:

They are both sweet looking rides Paul, 22” rims look great mate. FINALLY a bloke with a modern car with some shine on his wheels instead of being a sheep and having black rims. Did I ever say I’m not a fan of black rims emoji19.png

Black rims are for people who don't want to wash their car/wheels!!!

Valvebouncer likes this

Fwoah, that FG! :P:lol:

That's the kind of boot-lip spoiler I was looking for for my FGX G6ET. Do you remember where you got it from (and does it come in white)? :)

MNTL.XD likes this

Fwoah, that FG! 
That's the kind of boot-lip spoiler I was looking for for my FGX G6ET. Do you remember where you got it from (and does it come in white)? 
That's one thing i love about the g6e's, just a tiny little factory lip spoiler tells you its the turbo model, not covered in plastic crap everywhere like Holdens performace(?) models.
Didn't the fgx g6et get the lip spoiler?

11 hours ago, MNTL.XD said:

That's one thing i love about the g6e's, just a tiny little factory lip spoiler tells you its the turbo model, not covered in plastic crap everywhere like Holdens performace(?) models.
Didn't the fgx g6et get the lip spoiler?

Nah, FGX G6ETs don't get anything obviously different from the G6E except for 20" rims (G6Es get 19") and a slightly different badge.

I mentioned in my Showroom thread I was looking for a little something to add to its arse-end - not the full gull-wing, it's a G6E/Ghia, not a XR6 - and a lip spoiler seems to look like just the thing. I see some for sale on ebay for the FG, so I'm wondering if the FGX boot is compatible (then I can just paint it white and slap it on mine), for that subtle highlight. Looks great on yours. :D

Valvebouncer likes this

You de-skinned the bonnet! :o
I need to do that, to a couple of my bonnets, unfortunately...

Also...
welcome back, we missed you. :P
Wait... isn't that a line from the Matrix?

deankdx and MNTL.XD like this

Thanks guys, it's great to be back!
I've been getting into it as much as i can, just whenever i can. I had a pre-op trial done recently to see if the stimulator will be successful, it helped alot with the over active nerves in my upper back and in my neck, but unfortunately didn't really help to alleviate the pain in my shoulder and arm, but any help is a bonus atm so hoping to have it fitted permanently. They ran wires up my spine and into the medial nerves in my neck, if it all goes ahead it will all be implanted internally. Was great to be in less pain for a week! lol40a7b6276311c99e783f00c148d9b11f.jpg

I got a bit more done on the bonnet, both the skin and frame have been put into 2k primer and have started blocking them back, trialling the powder guide coat, not bad stuff i guess.
Also got the rear L/H wheelarch to a stage i'm happy with.a6921cacf9e933b76320d9d4ea3b3ae0.jpgd7126c04c21ce451a74902ef9ab4f375.jpgc2bc6144ba2d677d777b4a0ff408e6b0.jpgdfd8139072e8980520c0df8ef5f82629.jpg

Then i started on the R/H side, pretty much adding filler, sanding it all off, applying more, sanding it off etc etc so haven't bothered updating this, but i'll throw some pics up, coz we all love pics.
The pic on the dollies is what i started with last week, then some progress pics.11d59457b5642da5ceb42fd175ade0a6.jpge27f38a8e1b29f2f9695472332b33fb0.jpgb7ebf222a44853c7fd3a1db5397f2e4e.jpg3b894462f468b7c08c51b8343bb550bd.jpg2a4cbff3b52c551b9fca77ccf260dae6.jpg92e371e17d6f58c95966008590273bee.jpg2325e11bc6b7734e9a8265a9beede37c.jpg

i think that's the first time i've seen someone blocking back the underside of a bonnet skin. I'm sure @hendrixhc understands the need, he's probably out polishing brake calipers as we speak. 

that medical implant sounds interesting, glad to see you benefit from it already

keep us updated, we need all the motivation we can get :) 

2redrovers likes this

11 hours ago, deankdx said:

i think that's the first time i've seen someone blocking back the underside of a bonnet skin. I'm sure @hendrixhc understands the need, he's probably out polishing brake calipers as we speak. 

ha ha ha!

In saying that i did polish the brake backing plates on the the XE and you cant even see them.

MNTL.XD, 2redrovers and deankdx like this

i think that's the first time i've seen someone blocking back the underside of a bonnet skin.

Yeah, that's mainly just to fill the rust divets from underneath the factory glue (see pic) after they were treated, it's really only 2 hours work to block it anyway, plus, the kids wanted to help me work on the XD so was also sorta something they can do that won't really be seen. lol.0b2eaf6ffebcf9999a8dc8b76fe67df3.jpg

2redrovers and deankdx like this

good plan, kids wanting to help.. can't let that opportunity pass!
Too right buddy, they have been asking the last few weekends if there's something they can do on it so i put the bonnet skin and frame in primer for them, they are already half way through the frame, well, one side of it anyway, but awesome to have them interested, i love it.f8d48615fb977f028d5432b957edc4a3.jpg5dd55e8018219e5b9f48bc8d8897a3b3.jpg