Haf

XH XR6 Distributor access

There's a mechanic down the road who's going to give me a hand, any ideas from you guys??

Charge the battery and have coffee or beer ready for old mate.I usually don't remove them modules unless to throw it at a wall or maybe a cat.But there's like 400 other things that could be out of sync here and it's so hard to fix over the internet.

So you have spark but no starty...

I played around with the distributor and reinserted a different way and hey presto all is good. Had the timing set professionally and the ute goes like stick now, thanks for all your help and suggestions guys.

Probably, you tried to drop it straight in mate. The gears are curved on bottom of the dizzy, so as you slide it in, it turns the rotor button about 5cm, but that enough to shit the timing up.

You need to finish up with dizzy lined up exactly the same position it came out at. It is a bit tricky sometimes, new dizzy can sometimes take a few goes to slide in on just the right tooth.

Gad you got it fixed, and oh, I meant dialectric grease for the connector to the dizzy, not taking off the TFI module. If you took the TFI module off the dizzy, even if it is working now, it won't last if there is no dialectric grease between the dizzy body and the TFI module. If theres none, the module will overheat.

Basically, the dizzy body is the heatsink for the TFI module.

Have fun with the new stick, hehe.

Jack.