Sign in to follow this  
ltdute

injectors

hey guys ive read posts on other forums about guys using mitsi blue top injectors in there efi turbo crossys? are these the same blue top injectors that are in the vr4 galants?

Mitsubishi used a Denso injector, whereas Ford used Bosch. They are a different physical size. If you used a custom fuel rail etc you can make anything fit. With so many cheap straight fit Bosch style injector upgrades available it's not worth it.

Not sure what brand they'd be but there are plenty of flow rate tables that people have put up online to look at the various brands, spray patterns, resistance, etc.

If they're Denso, then they might be available from other makes too, like Toyota, etc. I know 7MGE green injectors flow well, around 315 cc I think.

I used Magna blue tops that i got from Ant at his wrecking yard, had em cleaned and they went straight into the rail, no mods required.  Currently running 230rwkw no probs.

Sorry just read it's for the earlier crossies no the e series.  My oops :)

I think the Magna 4 cyl used Bosch 14mm top & bottom O-ring (same as Ford), whereas the 4G63 from the VR4 used 440cc Denso 11mm top & 16mm bottom O-ring similar type as RB26 GTR, 7MGTE Supra etc and are also low Impedance I believe.

I have a xr6 ef tickford and was wondering if I could run vdo siemens pencil injectors with the eec5 computer or would ineed astage 2 j3 chip as this be around 600 hp    cheers willie

Any change to injector sizing will need a change in tune. Stock injectors max out at probably around 250 hp so shoving in injectors that support 600 hp are going to be way bigger, that's without knowing what those Seimens ones you mentioned actually flow. You need to confirm spray pattern too.