Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Stumps

260X stroker kits

Has anybody got any information on the 260X stroker kits that XRGlen from the Hotsixes forum as developing?

It looks like it could be a pretty sweet setup but all the info on that forum is over a year old and I don't have any contact details for XRGlen to find out more.

Because he is full of shit and is no where to be found.Quickest NAT ASP Xflow around is Mossy's 250 cube weber powered Corty that runs 11.1 @ 119mph.Why spend useless money on a guy who if he replies will steal your money and lie to you? Ask people on here how we know...

Otherwise be smart and ask for help on here and go faster or try to deal with Glenn...your choice.

Because he is full of shit and is no where to be found.Quickest NAT ASP Xflow around is Mossy's 250 cube weber powered Corty that runs 11.1 @ 119mph.Why spend useless money on a guy who if he replies will steal your money and lie to you? Ask people on here how we know...

Otherwise be smart and ask for help on here and go faster or try to deal with Glenn...your choice.

Ha ha I heard someone on the other forum saying how good these kits are and they bagged everyone for coming over to this forum. Good to see a bit of rivalry fellas. I can't argue with anything that I have heard on here, has been a wealth of knowledge

hmmm been a long while since I was on the forums...must have missed something.

Saw the 260X thread on hotsixes.com but couldn't ask due to the shitty registration process, been three days and no response.

Well said bro...has anyone on any of the other forums traveled From Cairns to Wagga to help out with a 6cyl build before??? I know Ando did for me...how doe's it get better than that?

And your combo is going hammer bro...gunna scare ALOT of people with that roller cammed 250 for sure.

the engines going to scare me just as much as others Sly

I think the one thread that captures the knowledge of members and willingness to share is the crossflow porting results thread. How many forums can say they have someone doing flow work and posting the results for FREE

Just a question, why would you stroke an already very under square engine?

So you can then convince unsuspecting customers that it's the path to performance.

I don't know why everyone else doesn't do it... Must be the world's best kept secret. All those engineers must have been wrong all along.

as for stroke to bore ratio it is the equivalent to giving a standard 250(3.91") a 3.70" bore (0.020" over bore)

being 3.74"(0.060" overbore) and 3.95" stroke (0.040" offset grind)=260ci, to gain maybe 8hp and 12ft/lb at a lager expense,

so It won't really help it rev harder as he says it will and money could be better spent else where on the engine.

like a roller cam/better conrods/extractors/exhaust/or more headwork

and if the crank may need to be replaced if it needs to be reground later on, because you'll have a hard time to find a 0.050"/0.060" undersize con rod bearing. so you'll be back at square one with a standard crank that needs to be offset ground $$$. and a block to replace or re sleeve it's once worn.

Well said bro...has anyone on any of the other forums traveled From Cairns to Wagga to help out with a 6cyl build before??? I know Ando did for me...how doe's it get better than that?

And your combo is going hammer bro...gunna scare ALOT of people with that roller cammed 250 for sure.

Exactly.  So when is Jen Hawkins joining the forum to come help me with my killer long stroke crank?

My roller cammed 250 when the previous owner had it made 347fwhp and ran 11.5 in a 1210kg cortina. This was on pump fuel and not revved over 6200rpm. Funnily enough the person mentioned in OP swore by four barrel carbies as the best thing for crossys but with my above engine, the previous owner could only manage a best of 11.8 with a four barrel carby OOOOOOPPSSSSSS

not to mention that it did it with a dual pattern cam which also don't work according to that person. 

fastest x-flows in the land are not strokers - is that not enough for people. 

I would never stroke a x-flow - 200 rods in high revving applications yes - but never more than that - it's just not needed. 

Had forgotten about that little one. tee hee. 

I'm sure that the rods and pistons you have will be up to that piston speed, mind you acl race series would have also done it - but I know how much you love them. 

I also would never bother stroking a crossy, if anything I would consider destroking a small amount to gain rpm and lower piston speed, even then I probably wouldn't bother unless someone else was paying for me to experiment LOL