Server maintenance Read more... ×
TF_250

Next Peice of the Puzzle Cont.

Update...

Welded some new metal into the corners of the engine mounts and re drilled the holes, you wouldn't know there modded

IMG_2225_zps77fc4ff7.jpg

IMG_2226_zps0ee4e3df.jpg

IMG_2227_zpsae51f5d6.jpg

Then onto the exhaust, first the flange had to be changed to DOHC, then pipes 1 and 6 had to be modded because the nature of the port in the dohc head the exhaust ports are centre in the chamber where as the xflow is towards the rear., so my pipes had to come forward to meet the port, no bigggy except when that is done the pipes clash with the engine mount so they have been cut and re welded and # 6 looks a little strange because all the primary pipes are the same length as each other so 6 is now the same as well. I think after the dyno i'll get them coated black this time the silver really go's to shit IMO!!

IMG_2229_zps84115311.jpg

IMG_2234_zps460916f4.jpg

IMG_2238_zpsaf7bed8f.jpg

IMG_2237_zps07ec4a0b.jpg

Nice work mate. i havent touched mine since i had my kid. days been spent sleeping trying to catchup on sleep i miss at night hah. Waiting on my fabricator to finish off some work for me but he been on holidaze

Fitted the ATI balancer but it was to far foward for me so i had 9mm machind off the back nice and close now

IMG_2266_zps5a502243.jpg

IMG_2267_zps5ffa91cf.jpg

Back in the car coming together nicely, the wooden piece in between the manifold and head is to test the dimensions will be made in alloy.

IMG_2269_zps1c57513f.jpg

IMG_2268_zps2dfe9b3f.jpg

gee thats looking ok

how are you going with no dissy? your old setup ran coil packs and crank trigger you can just run that?

Yeah mate its getting there.

The xflow ran a dizzy with 1 tooth and the crank trigger. the DOHC has what would be the dizzy sensor on the back of the camshaft and has the same 36-1 crank trigger behind the balancer in the engine. So will be run the same way. If i use the std ford coil that came with the motor i have to buy ignighters to fire them as the ecu cant do that, that's why i use the LS3 coils as they will do the job and have built in ignighters and i already had them just had to remake a couple of leads and i can still fit the p[plastic cover.

so the crank trigger lives behind the timing cover in these engines?  Nice work Jason.  Did you weigh the old engine and the new?  thinking that the later motor would be a tad heavier???

26C72428-2AFA-4C72-96DE-2478747A7406_zps

Yep it's the bottom timing chain gear as well all one. I'd say it will be heavier it's basically a crossflow without push rods and with one more cam, 12 more lifters,valves and springs, alloy sump, main girdle, larger timing chain, cam gears etc so yeah it will be heavier Guess I'll have to make a bit more power then :D

thanks Jase - that is very cool - wonder if I could squeeze that in behind a crossflow timing case??? Mad scientist in my thinking out aloud again.....

looks great.  down in vegas atm but way too busy to drop in... keep up the good work

Finally got the pipes all welded up made a jig to stop them from bending. I will be coating them Black after the engine is dynoed.

Before

IMG_2366_zpse05601a7.jpg

After

IMG_2372_zps1ab0c13b.jpg

Starting to come together on this side.

IMG_2373_zpsbeb023e2.jpg

Gathering all the fittings for the main water hoses

IMG_2371_zpsb261840f.jpg