TF_250

Next Peice of the Puzzle Cont.

Wow this is one of the best unique cortinas getting around fantastic job mate

I may have missed it but how is the water pump set up? and do you have a close up pic of it and the pulleys?

Wow this is one of the best unique cortinas getting around fantastic job mate

I may have missed it but how is the water pump set up? and do you have a close up pic of it and the pulleys?

its on page 3 mate, its just a csr pump into the stock housing and a use a ati sb chev balancer and vbelt pulley as i only have the alternator to run.

How did you go on saturday night Jason. I wasnt there I just passed you on the road near the raceway

Didn't race just went out and weighed the thing not a happy result.

So just how bad was it?  Less than 100kg or more? 

The stock crank would weigh a lot more than the old x-flow crank for a start and then the double cam's, bigger cylinder head, longer cam chain, twin cam gears, fatter block and better main caps.  I guess all of this adds up but to just how much I'd be real keen to know. 

I knew it would be heavier but need to know how much as it is factor in the front half of the track. Now I know the lighting begins I want it back close to the old weight to compare the time better.

Yep at the end of the day it is all about shifting the mass. 

There are big gains to be had by knife edging those cranks and also gun drilling the big ends.  You can get them back to the same weight as a standard xf crank by those two mods. 

Are you allowed to run fibreglass bumpers etc. in your class?

its on page 3 mate, its just a csr pump into the stock housing and a use a ati sb chev balancer and vbelt pulley as i only have the alternator to run.

Didn't race just went out and weighed the thing not a happy result.

Thanks for the reply mate appreciate it, is that the oil pump behind the alternator or the water pump if not where is the water pump located? Sorry to be a painful I am learning off the people who have done this conversion. it's all new to me and I'm starting a fg conversion in a xd and I want to delete the p/s and a/c

Cheers Scott