Server maintenance Read more... ×
Crazy2287

Braided brake lines info

Was just pondering swapping out the brake lines on the XF.
So got me thinking: Anywhere make retrofit kits or premade lines for these cars?

Personally i wanna look at prices for 'front lines XF falcon' and 'rear lines caliper to axle and axle to body for an EBII' (i have an e-series diff)

But any general information on the topic will be getting you loves from me. (i know you want it.)

(Also, No suspension/brakes board in the technical section? IMO we should have a suspension/brakes/steering section.)

I made these at work Crazy.  They work out to about about 80 bucks give or take a few dollars per hose. New rubber ones are about 40 bucks each.

These are the ones that I made for the rear of my xe

DSCF2596.jpg

I have a web site through mu supplier of the brake parts that I can look up any pretty much any hose off any car and it tells the me the parts to use and from that I can work out the price.  With and E series diff in an X series I think its just a matter of changing the fitting that goes from the diff onto the body from 10 X 1 on Eseries to 3/8 X 24 on X series and make the rest of the E series hoses.  Easy done.  I've still got to make the front ones for my car yet but they come out at round the same price.  If you want me to price them up properly for you I can do that.

Good product the Brakequip hoses I also make these and at $80 approx each is good buying you can also do them in other colours with zinc or stainless fittings I have a full set on my BA and will be making some for my XE

Yeah it is a good product and it ADR compliant which is the more important bit

Pic of the colors

Service410.jpg

Hose colors that are availiable are:

clear
smoke/black
blue
red

The sleeve behind the fitting is availiable in:

silver
black
blue
red
purple
gold
green
yellow

So a few options there

TBH guys don't give a fek on the color. It's not for looks. the factory hoses are 20 years old and the last thing i need if i ever get back trackside is a line failure. Apparently the braided lines give good pedal feel?

Interesting XES and CRU! Yeah price em up send me a PM or something. I have had the XF hardline adapted to the e-series (metric) fitting so i need factory lines off the EB to suit rear of my car.

So sounds like about $80 a line is a standard price for these?

Yeah they do give a lot better feel.  You don't get the expansion of the rubber hose through heavy braking wich gives a lot better feel under the pedal.  I price all the hoses for you on Monday and shoot it through to you.  $80 dollars is around what we charge for them.  I think they're a great addition to a car especially if your going to take it on the track.  Great for heat as well..  I did a set for a mates AU fairlane and it made a huge difference on that. 

ive been looking for a set of rear braided lines for ages

xes can you make a set up for me plz mate?

shoot me a pm if need be

ive been looking for a set of rear braided lines for ages

xes can you make a set up for me plz mate?

shoot me a pm if need be

No probs. I'll get back to you soon.