'Nova

FG MK1 Bluetooth

Hey guys!

The old man just brought an FG G6, but it only has the lowest model ICC (Interior Command Centre)

All the buttons are there to use the phone, but it doesn't seem to have the bluetooth moduel. Anyone know whats involved with installing and where you get them from, does it need a wire harness etc?

All and any help would be appreciated blokes!

Hey Alec,

I thought bluetooth was standard on all FG's?

Unless it was part of the tech pack which wasnt made standard until mid 2010.

If you want to have a look at mine feel free.

Okay guys, for future reference I found this on Fordforums!

hey mate,

Hopefuly this will give you insight to whether you have bluetooth or not.

IMG_1560.jpg

This picture is the top of my ICC once the top hat is off.

To remove hat just pry from the front to the back slowly not to break anything.

You will see in the picture that black box with a connection going into it. that is the bluetooth module, if the box is there, you have bluetooth. May just be loosened connection (fingers crossed).

Other connections in picture are Reversing camera connection (one with no plug in it) & the other power to the ICC screen.

Take time with top hat, don't break anything!

All FG's came out with the phone button and microphone insert even though bluetooth may have not been installed. Bluetooth was only installed if requested from what I understand. If your XR had bluetooth then you should be able to see the phone section in the ICC menu. If you don't have a phone section in your ICC selection, then you don't have bluetooth. If your ICC does have the phone section in the menu but it is grayed out, then you do have bluetooth, but your module has a problem and you will need to take a trip to Ford to fix it.

You can have the factory system fitted, I did this in my XR. You will have to purchase the mic and a bluetooth module. There are three different types of modules out there for the FG;

BPM 1.0 (A Level) Pre 14/08/08

BPM 2.0 (B Level) Between 14/08/08 and 28/09/09

BPM 3.0 (C Level) Post 28/09/09

Once you have these two components, you can install it yourself or have Ford install it for you. Regardless if you install it or Ford installs it, Ford will have to activate the bluetooth module for you before it can be used. Depends on what you are prepared to spend with regard to the modules as module C is the most up to date version but cost the most out of the three. If you are just after the system to work, then look at Module A as it is the cheapest and steer clear of module B as there is connectivity issues with the iPhone 4 as it does not answer incoming calls.

Turns out it doesn't have the module, but its on egay for $160 with loom. Will ring an auto electrician tomorrow to see what the cost is to install. It'll sort dad out for what he needs it for!

i was lucky i guess chev, i just bought a new xr and it had all the bells and whistles including bluetooth. was driving home and didnt even know until someone rang me and the stereo cut out! good luck though but i would prob install it yourself if you have the time and then get ford to activate it. otherwise maybe get ford to do the whole lot. that way, if they fark it up, then its their prob. auto elect's are great and they do normally cover anything if anything they break but some are abit dodge (im sure we all know that). 

just my two billy-bobs..

Yeah, my only concern with this shit on Egay is if it includes the microphone. The button came standard but from reading further the microphone might not have!

If its the case that we need the full kit they're $330 on egay, but $395 from ford installed?

i asked ford dealer got told this part was no longer available can i replace the icc with another one without getting all sorts of codes and errors on my dash