Server maintenance Read more... ×
78xcgxl

AU alternator and A/C compressor help

I apologize in advance if these questions are stupid but i just need a nice and straight forward answer

1. Is a ef/el alternator the same as an AU one eg: can you mount a ef/ef alternator on an AU motor and brackets?

From a bit a research, I think AU series 1 alternator are different form series 2&3 alternators?

2. Is a A/C compressor from a V8 AU the same as one for a 6 cylinder AU?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

and Au used a different alternator on series 2&3 but they are different around the waterpump housing any the bosses on the side of the block are in different places as well as the lower mounts being cast into the sump, but BA alternators fit an Au series 2 or 3 engine (and 1999 Au) series one Au is supposed to interchange with El but I'm not entirely sure on that one, a Au V8 air come pump will bolts on to an Au 4.0 (and vise versa) but the pipes come out in a different location

and Au used a different alternator on series 2&3 but they are different around the waterpump housing any the bosses on the side of the block are in different places as well as the lower mounts being cast into the sump, but BA alternators fit an Au series 2 or 3 engine (and 1999 Au) series one Au is supposed to interchange with El but I'm not entirely sure on that one, a Au V8 air come pump will bolts on to an Au 4.0 (and vise versa) but the pipes come out in a different location

Thanks mate for that, just one thing i'm confused on. You say that Ba alternators  fit an Au series 2 or 3 engine (and 1999 Au) but isn't  a 1999 AU a series  1??. The AU Engine in question is a may 1999 one and only has smart lock. So what are my options in regards to alterantors?  It amazes me the sheer differences between early and late model AUs :huh:

1999 was a changeover year (some people call them a series 1.5), alot of the time you will find series a series 2 engine and front sheet metal with series 1 brakes, wheels and interior or some other combos, so be wary of 1999 au's they can gave either engine

Ok Thom i took some pic of the engine and the alternator mounting points. Can please tell if it's a series 1 or 2 engine and what alternator it needs. To me it looks like series 2 engine as the mounting points look to be the same as my dad's territory but i'm no expect when it comes to late model falcons.

20140108_133423_zps81bbc1db.jpg

20140108_133405_zps7edf2ffb.jpg

20140108_133355_zps51436377.jpg