SPArKy_Dave

The tyre clearance v's bump stop thread

buy tubular upper arms. Can kill 4 birds with 1 stone.

Tubulars FTW... You can get them with offset ball joints and get some buit-in castor. Not cheap though, probly land them here for about 800 - 900 bucks

It's when you go over the bump and then have to have a change of plan because you're looking at a tree or b double. That's in its most extreme. But if your chasing the car after it goes over a bump it's got bump steer issues.

It's measured by measuring deflection left or right as the suspension compresses. Adjustable height on the tie Rods allow to adjust this out as the steering linkage perceives an arc which causes the toe change during compression.

Tubulars FTW... You can get them with offset ball joints and get some buit-in castor. Not cheap though, probly land them here for about 800 - 900 bucks

Agreed, I went tubular uppers and lowers and the thing is awesome, hardest thing is finding a decent pitman arm.....whatever repco sells is shit

I just got these 10mm spring packers.the suspension shop guy said these will bring it back to the same height as (lows) so i will start the fittment on the weekend with pictures.will glue the 2cm i cut off the bump stops back on ? or just leave itWP_20160929_10_57_41_Pro_zpsosufcxgp.jpg

Those were my thoughts too dave but he said he can sell me the lows but i would be saving $140 on just putting the packers at $35 and 10mm ,he said the superlows get around 40 to 50mm ,so adding the packers will bring it very close to low height,i have the heavyweight combo in the fmx and clevo with cast iron manifold ect,,,,thats why it is a bit lower than usual,anyway i will see how it goes ,i will also get 10mm more travel on the shocks,i hope that helps.

yeah i spoke to him about that he said those ultimas already have a short stroke and (low) 30 cm than std is the max they will fit,but yeah down the track i will definatly spend some coin on good front shocks,on the weekend i will measure it all out and see if i can get another 1cm spacer on the shock tower ,the e bay ones are not cheap.

ok thats much better but i still need to take for a drive after the other side is done :P i can see on the shock that i have at least another 1-2 cm now without spacers on the towers.WP_20160930_13_34_34_Pro_zpsndwmmchz.jpg:D

A loose copy of Pedders maybe, but definitely not Billies or Koni.

I'd lose the Ultima's sooner rather than later,

if you can afford it.

They may be short stroke, but they're certainly not short body shocks like Koni's are.

You really need short body shocks.

they are nowhere near a Koni or Bilstein, even by a long shot, they are cheap Chinese shit that will fail to dampen after 4 months

Yep i had ultima shocks in my zl & the front left shock failed & pissed out the oil all over the spring/bump stop plate etc. Pos, i have pedders springs & shocks in the shed for my ltd.